PDA

View Full Version : carpet problem, help me please

sunstealth
04-10-2011, 06:44 PM
I have a small problem with my car, I had salt stain on the carpet, I did remove them all but there a remaining problem from last year.

Last spring, i made a mixture of vinegar and water and shooted it on the salt stains. the thing dried but now everytime i get it wet to clean it it smells like vinegar, even after vacuuming and cleaning it all, my next option is the carpet shampoo/extractor machine. I am a little worried about using these machines on that style of carpet since even gentle brunshing makes the carpet kinda hairy, long strands of material appear after brushing

I need a couple options please

thank you.

Perfections
04-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Use a heated extractor with a stainless steel head, no brushes, most every pro model, it will glide along the carpet instead of brushing up the fibers and usually will pull that smell out

ShineTimeDetail
04-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Ur car looks amazing perfections!

ShineTimeDetail
04-10-2011, 06:57 PM
:hijacked:

Perfections
04-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Ur car looks amazing perfections!

Lol thanks I'm about to give it, it's last polishing/fuzion treatment before I sell it to some lucky owner :( I need a truck which makes me wanna cry

sunstealth
04-10-2011, 08:30 PM
ill try to find a place who rents those kind of extractors! I just dont have the money the spend on buying this

Bates Detailing
04-10-2011, 08:34 PM
ill try to find a place who rents those kind of extractors! I just dont have the money the spend on buying this

Home Depot rents an "extractor"..... its kind of crappy cause it is not heated - but you can put super hot water into the tank from your home. It is like 20 to 30 bucks from 4 hours to the full day to rent. This may work well for you. Good luck man

Perfections
04-10-2011, 09:28 PM
If u don't have the equipment take it to a oro and ask them straight up if they have a heated extractor

sunstealth
04-10-2011, 09:30 PM
theres no pro around here, I often fix the jobs the guys around here poorly did. It's more the kind of carpet that's putting me off .

SATMAN40
04-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Grab a carpet clean with a truck...he has a big extractor, and will get out his stair tool for a few bucks....