PDA

View Full Version : Gilmour 8 ply hose, any good?

05RLS2
04-09-2011, 10:43 PM
A while back I had my Gilmour Flexogen blow out just below the male fitting, and since them I have been using an el cheapo hose that I had around the house for washing use. It kinks up like crazy, and is a hassle to use whenever trying to wash and detail. So in the meantime until I get a replacement from Gilmour, I need something that is good to use for now. I looked around and found that Gilmour makes a 8 ply version of their Flexogen hose, they claim it is the last hose you will ever buy ( I could test that).:laughing: Since my previous was a 6 ply, and this is an 8 maybe it will be more durable. Does anyone here have this same hose and can comment on it? For those that have it, do you all find it to be a heavy hose to pull around or find that it does kink on you?

sparkie
04-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I have a Craftsman 5/8 inch x 100 ft...The best hose out there IMO...It has never failed me...Come with a life time warranty....

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07169605000P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8)

05RLS2
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I looked at those, but from a lot of reviews people seem to say that they kink easily and leave black from the rubber on your hands and clothing

sparkie
04-09-2011, 11:21 PM
I looked at those, but from a lot of reviews people seem to say that they kink easily and leave black from the rubber on your hands and clothing

It will kink but I never had a problem with it getting black marks on me. I see where it might. I also have that neverkink hose and it kink...

Perfections
04-10-2011, 08:14 AM
That 8 ply rocks, I have the 75ft and do alot of business in parking lots, the hose gets run over a ton of times, still no problems