PDA

View Full Version : megs quick interior detailer

PA DETAILER
04-09-2011, 12:20 AM
picked up a bottle on the way home from work tonight. new and improved formula? wanting to use this just to maintain the UIGP i currently have on the interior. instead of always doing touch ups with the UIPG. will it be fine for this? without removing the UIGP? guess i will find out this weekend. going to hit 70 sunday!

Crazy Amos
04-09-2011, 07:43 AM
I would kind like to know how this stuff works as well.

Anyone?

Bunky
04-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Meg's works fine. It is just a basic light cleaner with a mild scent. It is a cheaper alternative than 1z Cockpit Premium.

BillyJack
04-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Chris@Optimum recommended Optimum Opti-Clean at 4:1 with 1oz. of IPA per quart as an interior detailer. I just mixed some up last week and tried it out. It's not strong enough to do any serious cleaning, but it seems like a very good maintenance product.
Bill

WRAPT C5Z06
04-09-2011, 08:53 AM
To maintain UIGP, I would just use a damp(water) MF towel to wipe the surface.

Meg's works fine. It is just a basic light cleaner with a mild scent. It is a cheaper alternative than 1z Cockpit Premium.
I think it performs exactly like 1Z, but cheaper.

PA DETAILER
04-09-2011, 05:59 PM
To maintain UIGP, I would just use a damp(water) MF towel to wipe the surface.

I think it performs exactly like 1Z, but cheaper.

good advice. thanks. i found the megs QID just not up to my liking. very weak, for lack of a better word. seems to clean good tho.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-09-2011, 06:17 PM
good advice. thanks. i found the megs QID just not up to my liking. very weak, for lack of a better word. seems to clean good tho.
No problem. When you're trying to maintain an interior protectant, you don't want to use any cleaners(no matter how weak) to chance stripping it off.