PDA

View Full Version : Clearcoat for tires !

Pages : [1] 2 3

IID
04-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Has anyone heard of or used this product I seen for sale on another site called:

TUF SHINE
The long lasting tire shine we have ever tested, lasts months if not years
Incredibly dark and glossy finish
Water based formula with anti-static properties that repel dust
Does not use any petroleum solvents, silicones or oils that can attract dust
Withstands several pressure washing treatments and can be washed with gentle cleaners

"Tired of getting days or weeks at most from your favorite tire dressing? Would you prefer it lasted months or even years? If yes, then the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is the answer you have been looking for! This revolutionary new technology allows you to apply a coating to your tires that will leave them shinny and glossy year round. It is so strong it will withstand several pressure washings. The water based formula is completely safe and highly effective so even your tires will thank you. It does not use any petroleum solvents, silicones or oils that can attract dust, in fact the formula is anti-static which helps repel dust and dirt. To start applying this product you must first clean the tires. Spray the TUF SHINE Tire cleaner on your tires and thoroughly scrub them with the TUF SHINE Tire brush. When all the old tire dressing residue and contaminants from the road are removed you can move on to applying the Tire Clearcoat (see directions below). In short you apply a thin coating with the TUF SHINE applicator sponge. We recommend 1 - 2 coats but multiple coats will make the surface look even darker and glossier. The tires will look simply incredible upon completion, you will never even contemplate using another product. You will also get a lot of request from friends and family who wish their tires looked so good! So stop looking at old faded tires and love your tires again with the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat."

This product seem's similuar to the CarPro PERL but they are claiming the product would last month's-YEARS!

Looking to see if anyone has actually used this product? Feed back please

Surfer
04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Interesting... seems that would be really tough to last that long on a tire with what a tire goes through in general.

IID
04-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Interesting... seems that would be really tough to last that long on a tire with what a tire goes through in general.

I agree but the product is claimed to at least last a month(s)?
I will be giving it a try.

Kean
04-08-2011, 08:38 PM
"Incredibly dark and glossy finish"

....the latter characteristic doesn't sound appealing to me.

ScottB
04-08-2011, 08:53 PM
sounds like the stuff sold at autoshows ...

Setec Astronomy
04-08-2011, 08:56 PM
I forgot about this stuff, someone tested it on another forum a year or two ago. IIRC it performed as advertised.

JonMiles
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I'll buy a kit and put it to the ultimate test. Can it withstand going to the mud hole?

Redneckmafia
04-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I have seen similar products at shows.The tires must be cleaned extremely well before applying the product and you are warned to not get any on the rim surface and if you do it must be cleaned off immediately. I will stick to my solvent based product it lasts and wipes clean from wheels and painted surfaces.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
04-08-2011, 11:19 PM
sounds interesting...whats the price on this miracle product anyway lol?

JonMiles
04-08-2011, 11:20 PM
40 bucks...just ordered it to put it to the test, if it doesn't hold up to mud i'm sending it back for a full refund. The only tire dressing i've seen release mud well was UTTG.

sohail99
04-08-2011, 11:41 PM
^Their black restore kit does seem impressive!

I wonder how it is, compared to black wow

kona6
04-09-2011, 12:15 AM
I currently use it now and have been for a few months. In my opinion it works as advertised, its definitely last longer then anything I have tried thus far. When the tires get dirty just use your car shampoo to clean them, do not use anything harsh ie: ARO otherwise the coating will dull or come off. Make sure your tires are CLEAN before applying to get the best results. I apply three coats to each tire it dries very quickly! and a little goes along way. It been raining off and on in So Cal the past two month and coating is still holding up well. I think most folks who use this product will be very pleased with its looks and durability. Maybe if enough interest and postive feedback come through AG could look into carrying this product. oh, since it dries so quickly there is no sling! look forward to hearing what others think.

FinraExam
04-09-2011, 01:04 AM
DI is the site you looked at I assume? For $25 I think I might try it once I use up all of my current tire dressing.
" Not only does it provide a beautiful finish to the sidewall of all tires, whether it be a matte finish or a high gloss finish, this product also provides 100% protection from UV and ozone concerns. In the 3 years I've used the product it has NEVER cracked or blistered off. Unlike most off the "off the shelf" tire dressings, TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is water based and is dry to the touch in just a minute or two after application. It has no oily or gooey residue, will not sling off and will not wash off."
- Product Review: Tuf Shine Inc. by Greg Nichols

It's been out for 3 years too?

Lasthope05
04-09-2011, 01:15 AM
I tried it a few years ago and while it does have great durability I didnt like the look it gave the tires. When they say its like a clearcoat for tires, they literally mean it. The tires took on a candy/plasticy look and no longer looked like rubber tires anymore.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
04-09-2011, 01:35 AM
:postpics: