PDA

View Full Version : Car wash soap

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Luke
01-02-2007, 02:40 AM
I use Zip Wax Car wash. Do I really need to buy soap from DP or other proffesional brands like that? I use proffesional polish, wax, and those kinds of things, but does car wash soap matter that much?

Surfer
01-02-2007, 02:46 AM
I use Zip Wax Car wash. Do I really need to buy soap from DP or other proffesional brands like that? I use proffesional polish, wax, and those kinds of things, but does car wash soap matter that much?Not knowing what Zip Wash is, but yes there is a difference between washes. For example, NXT is kinda harsh on your wax, Duragloss and Poorboys are extremely slick and foam like crazy etc. Most of the otc washes are decent....untill you use a boutique line.

Luke
01-02-2007, 02:49 AM
So whats the best car wash soap that you can buy from like walmart or something?

nick19
01-02-2007, 02:49 AM
Check out Poorboys SSW and SSS and DuraGloss CW.

http://autogeek.net/posuslwaxcar.html

http://autogeek.net/pbss32.html

http://autogeek.net/duragloss-car-wash-concentrate.html

High-Gloss auto-washes.. highly recommended. Cleaning is the far-most important thing. Find a wash you like, and stick with it. It's even worth shipping prices, to have these high-quality washes. Trust me, don't use mothers, or Meguiars, wash, unless its the professional line. If you have professional polishes and waxes, why not a high-quality wash?

I ordered some DuraGloss auto-wash, and SSW. I get to try SSW out tomorrow when my package arrives.

amti
01-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Please let me know how the PB and the DG differ. Thanks!

Surfer
01-02-2007, 03:32 AM
Please let me know how the PB and the DG differ. Thanks!Have both, except for the smells, they both seem similar. Great lubricity and foam capability, and the suds last and last, great cleaning ability as well. Have NXT and Megs Gold Class as well, there is a difference, the PB and DG washes are in another league in comparison.

Luke
01-02-2007, 03:35 AM
So is Megs gold class a good car wash?

supercharged
01-02-2007, 03:58 AM
NXT is a strong wash, good for a detailer.
Gold Class is a little softer, it has water conditioners, is a little easier on finish. If you are looking at inexpensive car wash, go with Duragloss.
It works very well, and is easy on your finish.

sparkie
01-02-2007, 04:44 AM
NXT is a strong wash, good for a detailer.
Gold Class is a little softer, it has water conditioners, is a little easier on finish. If you are looking at inexpensive car wash, go with Duragloss.
It works very well, and is easy on your finish.

:iagree: and DG#901 smell like cherry!:D

D
01-02-2007, 12:16 PM
So would you recommend NXT for car that you are detailing?

CalgaryDetail
01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
So would you recommend NXT for car that you are detailing?

nxt is a good soap, its slick enough, it does strip a little wax but really its nothing big. With the amount people on this forum wax i would see no problem.
I have found though that GC is much much slicker and dosent strip wax. It is another otc wax,of course,and is sold everywhere that sells nxt. I would personaly use gold class over NXT, but thats just meIm the MAN

Surfer
01-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Agree Gold Class is a decent OTC soap, I still consider DG way better for OTC but you'll have an hard time finding it in stores. NXT deffinitley removes some protection, I've used it before and right after you could tell the beading was less if it rained. However if you want to really clean well mix some NXT with Poorboys Bug Squash...of course you coudl do that with any soap but just throwing that out.

D
01-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I think NXT would be great when doing other peoples cars because your going to clay it anyways, so you want to remove what little wax is on there.

I wouldnt use it on my car.

Truls
01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
i have used the NXT wash for a while, and after i read some where here at the forum that it takes the gloss away from the finish, i noticed (i belived it was the shampo at the car wash) After i wash with the NXT i refresh the paint with CK QD, that brings the gloss back.

I have not heard that it takes the protection away, but it leaves the finish kinda dull.

I have DuraGloss and poorboys limited edit on its way from AG, cant wait to try em out

nick19
01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
DuraGloss if anything. I just got PB SSW 32oz bottle, but it's raining today, so I'll have to wait another day to try it out.

Also check out Liquid Glass wash additive...