PDA

View Full Version : Clean rinse bucket.

Pages : [1] 2

Luke
01-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Has anyone ever had a clean rinse bucket, or do I wash my car too much?

supercharged
01-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Has anyone ever had a clean rinse bucket, or do I wash my car too much?
You mean the two mucket method?

Luke
01-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes

Surfer
01-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Holy hell you start a lot of threads lol:D

I think you mentioned you washed every two days? If anything that's just causing more of a risk of more swirls, less you touch the paint better off you are, I only wash once a week. What do you mean by dirty wash bucket though, you mean it's stained? or just dirty while washing?

Luke
01-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Really? MORE swirls? I would think that because I wash it so much, it would be less of a chance, because less dirt.

Surfer
01-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Really? MORE swirls? I would think that because I wash it so much, it would be less of a chance, because less dirt.Take some halogen's to your ccar or park under a street lamp at night and look at your paint, that should tell you. Washing twice a day even with careful washing, your touching the paint more, and especially if you don't have high quality washes like Duragloss or Poorboys and good mitts like a sheepskin or the Edge Shmitt etc, your most likely causing more marring.

I even dry my vehicles with an electric leaf blower and then follow up with qd'er and microfiber, again, less touching = less marring

JeffW
01-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Regardless of how often you wash, you should use a second (or third) bucket for rinsing the mitt. In the post link below I posted a pic of a wash bucket and rinse bucket, following a weekly wash, to demonstrate how effective the 2 bucket method is. Hope this is helpful...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=712&highlight=bucket

D
01-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Ive never used the 2 bucket method, but I want to start. Just like Surfer said, you could be causing more harm then good because you are touching the paint so much. Certain washing and drying techniques, and the tools used either will or wont cause swirls.

Luke
01-02-2007, 03:12 PM
I have no swirls whatsoever on my car. Some scratches from age(12 years old) I have not used proffesional polish on my car yet though

ScottB
01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I have no swirls whatsoever on my car. Some scratches from age(12 years old) I have not used proffesional polish on my car yet though

than you likely have some oxidation also ... highly suggest polishing.

Russecu
01-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Take some halogen's to your ccar or park under a street lamp at night and look at your paint, that should tell you.

I agree. This is good advice. I would try this and see what you see. I can't remember what color your Explorer is but they are harder to see in some colors. But the two bucket method is a great method to reduce the chances of marring or swirls. A grit guard is a must also.

Surfer
01-02-2007, 04:27 PM
I have no swirls whatsoever on my car. Some scratches from age(12 years old) I have not used proffesional polish on my car yet though12 Years old, and never polishes and washed twice a day, guarentee it has swirls. If not you have some magical paint there LOL. Get some halogens shining on it or park under a street lamp and look at angles. Or take some pic with a camera and flash and post them on here, the flash will bring out marring you can't normally see. Our silver Lincoln looked fine before polishing, could tell any swirls etc. Untill I got it under some halogen lighting, friggen swirl city.

We have an Explorer and Mountaineer, actually I've had 3 Mountaineers, so I know how their paint is.

Luke
01-02-2007, 07:38 PM
I've used other high quality polishes on it, but I'm talking about Pinnicle and Wolfgang polishes. I just have some scratches because of age. I don't have light swirl marks. I have two shoplights that I use for detailing. I don't wash twice a day, now that would be crazy! =D I wash every other day.

supercharged
01-03-2007, 02:38 AM
I've used other high quality polishes on it, but I'm talking about Pinnicle and Wolfgang polishes. I just have some scratches because of age. I don't have light swirl marks. I have two shoplights that I use for detailing. I don't wash twice a day, now that would be crazy! =D I wash every other day.
Why do you wash so often? It rains? Snows (understood it is snows, and you want to remove all that road salt off)? Or just have a lot of free time? ;) :cheers:

turbos17
01-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I wash every other day.

Wow a little overkill IMO! :confused: