PDA

View Full Version : Teaser of a flat black paint job...

Pages : [1] 2

93fox
04-07-2011, 06:26 PM
So ive been working on my dads car since january, and let me tell you, its been a nightmate. The car has all sorts of damage! Dents! Rust, you name it! Ive had to weld a few new pieces in since rust was eating trough some areas. Well all the prep is finally doe and i can now begin to actually paint. Here are the teaser shots:

Before:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/62c2cb5d-484c-6397.jpg

After shooting sealer:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/62c2cb5d-4862-cd01.jpg

Flat black drying:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/62c2cb5d-487d-38ec.jpg

Done:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/62c2cb5d-4891-e0f4.jpg

So far it turned out great. I started with the door jams and trunk today. Next week ill be painting the whole car. The paint turned out well, its single stage. It goes on wet and once it drys it goes flat. Pretty good stuff. Now heres the golden question, can anyone guess what car it is? :)
(hint: its an 80's car)

James K
04-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I love flat black paint. I am having a real hard time figuring out that trunk line. Damn.

Mike Phillips
04-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Looking forward to the "Big Picture" when it's done! :dblthumb2:

I love flat black paint. I am having a real hard time figuring out that trunk line. Damn.

I do to on cars like Bill has in his collection..

Episode 1 - What's in the Garage? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/what-s-garage/34321-episode-1-what-s-garage-today-april-3rd-11-30am-est.html)

There's a time and place for flat black paint...

:)

David Fermani
04-07-2011, 07:24 PM
What exactly are you doing to it? A color change? Complete flat/matte look on the exterior or all over? How come you didn't remove the lock?

James K
04-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree Mike, a time and place. I wish DP would put out some flat paint care!

93fox
04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
What exactly are you doing to it? A color change? Complete flat/matte look on the exterior or all over? How come you didn't remove the lock?

eh your right. totally missed that. but my dad is in a hurry for this car. thats why im just painting the most obvious. and yes, its a whole color change as you can see it was beige and it will now be flat black. i did the door jams and trunk first so i dont have to mess with that when i paint the whole exterior.

93fox
04-07-2011, 07:43 PM

its one of the very few 2 door of this model... :dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
and it will not be flat black.

Then the other shoe drops... LOL

Guess Jimmy aka M.P. Cobra and I were thrown by the title of the thread...

Regardless... I'm sure you'll do a great job and what nice thing to do for your Dad!

:dblthumb2: :dblthumb2: :dblthumb2:

93fox
04-07-2011, 07:50 PM

Regardless... I'm sure you'll do a great job and what nice thing to do for your Dad!

damn it! i type so quick i always misspell and miss word things. Sorry for the confusion. IT WILL be all flat black! i meant to say, "it will now be flat black"

Mike Phillips
04-07-2011, 07:52 PM
damn it! i type so quick i always misspell and miss word things. Sorry for the confusion. IT WILL be all flat black! i meant to say, "it will now be flat black"

Gotcha...

What a difference a single "letter" can make...

:laughing:

James K
04-07-2011, 07:53 PM
its one of the very few 2 door of this model... :dblthumb2:
I was thinking Impala coupe at first, but not with that trunk line. Argh.

I think he is trying to confuse us.

See what I mean Mike!

93fox
04-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I was thinking Impala coupe at first, but not with that trunk line. Argh.

I think he is trying to confuse us.

See what I mean Mike!

Sorry Mike and Jimmy! ill just hit you all with it, its a 1982 Ford Crown Victoria LTD. So many people have followed us and asked if we are selling it. everyone seems to be amazed that its a two door. i did a little research and 2 doors are almost impossible to find these days.

C. Charles Hahn
04-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Sorry Mike and Jimmy! ill just hit you all with it, its a 1982 Ford Crown Victoria LTD. So many people have followed us and asked if we are selling it. everyone seems to be amazed that its a two door. i did a little research and 2 doors are almost impossible to find these days.

Those are on the rare side; kind of like the 2-door "box" Caprice of the same era. They certainly do have a following though! :cool:

James K
04-07-2011, 08:17 PM
No! I had just figured it out! I was all excited to come in here and guess. You took my thunder.

93fox
04-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Those are on the rare side; kind of like the 2-door "box" Caprice of the same era. They certainly do have a following though! :cool:
very rare. some people have even asked me, is it a crown victoria? some say they never knew 2 doors existed. i cant wait to show you all the finish product.