PDA

View Full Version : Paint Scrape

jeffpayne
04-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Hello,

I am trying to help a friend who drove their Toyota 4-Runner through a drive thru and scraped the rear corner against a red pole. See photos here: Paint left on vehicle-1.JPG (http://cl.ly/5o94), paint left on vehicle-2.JPG (http://cl.ly/5o4K) or attached.

Any recommendation on getting the red scrape off? It appears to be on the surface and no major cuts into the paint. Once removed what should I do to protect the paint?

Thanks for any advice. I am not a pro detailer but love detailing my corvette. The friend I want to help does not have the funds to go get it corrected by a body shop. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

ExoticAutoDetai
04-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Buy goo off from home depot and voila magic. Then after you clean the red stuff out a quick polish on that area and you are good.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

jeffpayne
04-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Thank you ExoticAutoDetai! I appreciate the quick response and advice. I also like the Donald Trump quote.

Thank you,
Jeff

skipper1
04-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Denatured alcohol or lacquer thinner will get that off, and yes you'll need to polish and wax afterwards.

kdubski
04-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I had something similar happen on my mothers car. The paint is only on the clearcoat, or at least in my situation it was. What I did was wet it thoroughly an APC and tried to get most of it off like that, whatever was left ran it with a claybar. After continue with some scratch remover, I used the meguires duo. If the scratches are deep enough you might have to wetstand before you polish it.

.02 cents

ExoticAutoDetai
04-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Thank you ExoticAutoDetai! I appreciate the quick response and advice. I also like the Donald Trump quote.

Thank you,
Jeff

Welcome :) yea I read a lot about him. It teaches me a lot and helps me in my personal and business life.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

cobalt9123
04-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Denatured alcohol or lacquer thinner will get that off, and yes you'll need to polish and wax afterwards.

:iagree:

And actually, I have had great success removing paint like that from vehicles using Turtle Wax Liquid Claybar...it's about the only thing I've found it to be useful for :props: