PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Plus vs. Duragloss 901

Pages : [1] 2

Stocktastic
04-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I am thinking about switching over to Meguiar's Shampoo Plus from Duragloss 901.

I LOVE the slickness of 901, how does Shampoo Plus compare in that category?

I know suds and foam have nothing to do with cleaning ability, but 901 always produces a rich frothy foam, how about Shampoo Plus?

Also, how does HyperWash compare to these two?

Thanks!

CEE DOG
04-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I haven't used the hyper wash but I would stick with the 901 over the shampoo plus. The shampoo plus is slick but DG 901 is as good as it gets so far for me. It is one of my top 2 car washes I've tried.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/28963-review-duragloss-car-wash-concentrate.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34346-review-meguiars-shampoo-plus-d111.html

MI Mike
04-06-2011, 07:26 PM
:iagree:

sparkie
04-06-2011, 07:33 PM
I use DG 901 all the time, awesome shampoo IMO...I've never tried Megs Shampoo Plus...I do like Megs products....

BobbyG
04-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Duragloss 901 is my favorite car wash shampoo...:props:

Spicy McHaggis
04-06-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm confused about why you want to switch from a shampoo you use and like to one that you have never used before...

cobalt9123
04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
How many ounces per gallon are you guys using for 901?

The directions state 1oz/gallon but I haven't yet tried using a higher dilution ratio.

I'd like to try out Hyperwash just to compare it to the others I've used.

Stocktastic
04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm confused about why you want to switch from a shampoo you use and like to one that you have never used before...

I like to try new things. You never know what might be the next big thing.

How many ounces per gallon are you guys using for 901?

The directions state 1oz/gallon but I haven't yet tried using a higher dilution ratio.

I'd like to try out Hyperwash just to compare it to the others I've used.

I use it at 1oz:1gal.

I love it, but SP is a considerable amount cheaper... not that that means anything.

I use many other D-Line products and I love them.

Might just pick up a gallon of both, since I'm out of 901. If I don't like it, I can always use it as a wheel cleaner. :xyxthumbs:

Spicy McHaggis
04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I like to try new things. You never know what might be the next big thing.

You didn't say try, you said switch to. I could only take that to mean you were going to be giving up one and replace it with the other.

zliegen
04-06-2011, 10:30 PM
You didn't say try, you said switch to. I could only take that to mean you were going to be giving up one and replace it with the other.

Who cares?? Hes considering switching and wants to know what people think of shampoo plus. You're over analyzing here. I've never used either of these products but found Corey's (Cee Dog) review on Shampoo Plus quite interesting. I currently use Megs Gold Class (and love it) but Shampoo Plus looks like it is slightly cheaper and since it is thinner it might work better in the foam gun. Probably going to pick up a gallon of it and try it out.

Spicy McHaggis
04-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Who cares?? Hes considering switching and wants to know what people think of shampoo plus. You're over analyzing here. I've never used either of these products but found Corey's (Cee Dog) review on Shampoo Plus quite interesting. I currently use Megs Gold Class (and love it) but Shampoo Plus looks like it is slightly cheaper and since it is thinner it might work better in the foam gun. Probably going to pick up a gallon of it and try it out.
I asked a legitimate question, and was explaining why I asked the question since his original post was worded odd. I'm not over analyzing anything, my answer to the question would be different depending on what he really meant to ask.

Please accept my apologies for wanting to give an answer that pertains to his question instead of just spouting off random, usually incorrect, information like other people...

05xrunner
04-07-2011, 08:18 AM
it says on autogeek for the info on the 901 to use 1oz per 3gallon..i am confused how much is supposed to be used then?

Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate #901 is an excellent value. Use only 1 ounce per 3 gallons of water to create a bucket of cherry-scented suds. (Use a stronger concentration to remove oil and tar on heavily soiled vehicles.)
I was thinking about trying it

DLB
04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I've never used either of these products but found Corey's (Cee Dog) review on Shampoo Plus quite interesting. I currently use Megs Gold Class (and love it) but Shampoo Plus looks like it is slightly cheaper and since it is thinner it might work better in the foam gun. Probably going to pick up a gallon of it and try it out. I currently use the Meg's Shampoo Plus for my "volume" washes (customer washes) and just mid-week quick washes on personal vehicles.

I have used it out of a foam gun, and it sprays fine, but the suds don't last real long on the paint IME.

All that said, I haven't tried the DG soap, but I will pick some up at some point to try (DG isn't locally available to me, so I will just have to tack it on an order). The main reason I haven't tried it really is because of the cherry scent. I hate cherry scented stuff - it smells cheap to me - however, I am willing to flex a little if it is as good as several people (whose opinion I hold in high regard) say it is.

My favorite soap right now is pretty well based on nothing but smell, and that is Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. If all soaps could smell like that, I would own a lot of soap and wash cars for free. (I still say dang you Richard for the sample that sent me over the edge) :D

DLB

sullysdetailing
04-07-2011, 09:13 AM
I made the switch a while ago to shampoo plus being that it only take about 1-2 oz of soap for 5 gallons of water. I loved the sickness and it did an amazing job cleaning the vehicles with out stripping the lsp

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Stocktastic
04-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I picked up a gallon of Shampoo Plus today.

Made a little mix of each, and I must say, Shampoo Plus is pretty darn slick.

Plus, it smells better than the DG. It's cheaper, too.

:D