PDA

View Full Version : How long is your process???...

ALLN1WASH
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Just curious to know how long your buffing process is taking, not including prep( ie: wash, tape, clay).

I'm still trying playing around on my personal vehicles with the Megs twins trying to get it down, but for clients I'm still using 3m perfect-it which usually takes me approximately 6-8 hours.

The reason I'm asking is b/c the owner of the vehicle I just finished, said to me twice,"You sure are putting a lot oh time into it". Now the way I took that was, Your taking too long....
I tried my best to explain to her the total process which, I'll be lucky if she understood half if it. But just to make sure it's not just me, how long does it take YOU?

The vehicle was a mid-size sedan, black in color, with moderate blemishes and swirls. I compounded, polished and sealed using a 9227, a 3401.

Like I said earlier, I'm just curious to know how long it's taking others to do the same job. And also respond with type of products and machine you use.

Thanks, very interested to see these responses....

Flash Gordon
04-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Just curious to know how long your buffing process is taking, not including prep( ie: wash, tape, clay).

I'm still trying playing around on my personal vehicles with the Megs twins trying to get it down, but for clients I'm still using 3m perfect-it which usually takes me approximately 6-8 hours.

The reason I'm asking is b/c the owner of the vehicle I just finished, said to me twice,"You sure are putting a lot oh time into it". Now the way I took that was, Your taking too long....
I tried my best to explain to her the total process which, I'll be lucky if she understood half if it. But just to make sure it's not just me, how long does it take YOU?

The vehicle was a mid-size sedan, black in color, with moderate blemishes and swirls. I compounded, polished and sealed using a 9227, a 3401.

Like I said earlier, I'm just curious to know how long it's taking others to do the same job. And also respond with type of products and machine you use.

Thanks, very interested to see these responses....

Are you reffering to that windbag that stole $40 from you?

As for how long? Depends on which step and how many "Forum Breaks" I take

ALLN1WASH
04-06-2011, 06:40 PM
No, that's wasn't me Flash! I did read that thread, and I'm not sure I would've compensated 40 for just water and electricity, jmo....

Anyhow, how long does your process take flash?

Flash Gordon
04-06-2011, 06:53 PM
No, that's wasn't me Flash! I did read that thread, and I'm not sure I would've compensated 40 for just water and electricity, jmo....

Anyhow, how long does your process take flash?

It can vary, but generally

Step 1 ~ 1-1.5 hrs

Step 2 ~ 45 minutes- 1 hour

Step 3 ~ Same ^

==========================

Sorry about the mix up. I agree, that lady jammed dude with that $40 charge

Hey, I almost broke my ankle today

jamores23
04-06-2011, 06:57 PM
it takes me forever to do a 3 step. id say about 12-16 hrs. i smoke alot of cigs too which doesnt make it any faster. oh yeah thats including prep work.

Flash Gordon
04-06-2011, 07:00 PM
it takes me forever to do a 3 step. id say about 12-16 hrs. i smoke alot of cigs too which doesnt make it any faster. oh yeah thats including prep work.

Are you using a Rotory or DA?

The cigs will slow you down for sure

sparkie
04-06-2011, 07:01 PM
6-10 hours...Depends on the sizes and how bad the paint is..

jamores23
04-06-2011, 07:09 PM
rotary with cig pads lol.

Transcendent
04-06-2011, 07:11 PM
On monday a black Lexus with horrible holograms all over it took 8 hours just the correction. but i would say on average 6hrs including prep.

Flash Gordon
04-06-2011, 07:12 PM
rotary with cig pads lol.

Wonder what kinda cut a cigarette filter would offer :buffing:

Transcendent
04-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Wonder what kinda cut a cigarette filter would offer :buffing:
Be kinda hard to find BP that size