PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad

D
01-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have this? Is it 100% to use on paint? I was thinking of picking this up along with PB Bug Squash to help remove bugs and tar on bumpers, windshield, and side skirts.

Kelso
01-01-2007, 09:11 PM
we get them at work under a different name and i feel very comfortable with them, i have scrubbed thousands of cars front ends with them.... you can also use it like a clay bar in places you wouldnt want to ruin a claybar, like if you get paint in your wheelwells for instance it may remove it

D
01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
we get them at work under a different name and i feel very comfortable with them, i have scrubbed thousands of cars front ends with them.... you can also use it like a clay bar in places you wouldnt want to ruin a claybar, like if you get paint in your wheelwells for instance it may remove it

Yeah, thats what it would be perfect for. The tar and stuff is hard to get off and screws the clay up.

Kelso
01-01-2007, 09:30 PM
yea its great , just washes right out where as clay you have to just shove the gunk further inside the bar to risk later scratches

D
01-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Scrub Bug & Tar Pad and PB's bug squash it is then. :awesome: Im the MAN

Whitethunder46
01-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Hey bro, have you looked at the schmitt? I'm going to be ordering this, MAINLY because one side is the super soft white edge foam, and the other side is the rough yellow foam. I'm pretty sure the yellow foam is similar to the yelllow pc cutting pads. This is supposed to be very good with caked on bugs and such. Don't even have to change brushes or mitts to go from washing your car to a rough spot that won't get removed. Hope this helps.

D
01-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah, since Im doing everything from the house I dont mind having separate stuff. Plus I already bought a bunch of chenille wash pads, so Id be switching either way. The bug and tar pad is a few bucks cheaper too.

supercharged
01-02-2007, 04:08 AM
I use the Shmitt. White/yellow shmitt works perfect for it. That's what that aggresive yellow foam is for.

Reddwarf
01-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I bought the Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad and it works great. No ill effects on the paint.

D
01-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Its on order!

ScottB
01-02-2007, 04:25 PM
I like the scrubbing microfiber (green) pad and Bug Squash, works on everything. That yellow sponge from Pinnacle scares me and I love everything Pinnacle.