PDA

View Full Version : What a Day!!!

ALLN1WASH
04-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Whats up AG?

I had a full datail scheduled this morning @ a local mechanic shop. Kept to normal routine, and knocked down the interior first. Vinyls and plastics first, thorough Vac, spot clean, then shampoo. And there's where the problems started. I've never experienced this before, but following the spot clean and extraction, approximately 30 minutes later, the stain would reappear, larger and more vivid.

Needless to say, I shampooed again, doing my best not to flood the dang car, and again the darn stains would reappear.
ANY and ALL SUGGESTIONS are WELCOME, Please...

Okay, so on to the other problems...
Cleaned, wheels, tires and wells got ready to rinse, and the dang PW gave me hell.

The engine functioned well, but the pump really, really kicked my butt. First off, no pressure at all, then it would gradually build up and hold for approximately 20 sec, and die out again. I've only had the PW for two years and have never experienced this before. Again... ANY and ALL SUGGESTIONS Are WELCOME, Please....

Really hoping these problems can be corrected asap, and I'm sure with the help of you guys, I'll be back on track in no time at all

Thanks fellas...Feed back please

tuscarora dave
04-06-2011, 04:43 AM
I am not sure what to say about the stains reappearing. What cleaner did you use for them?

For the pressure washer acting up, is it a belt driven pump and if so are you positive that the belt is tight? The belt on mine needs tightening and sometimes I can hear it slipping and sometimes it slips and I can't hear it. Do you know for sure that the mechanic shop has good water pressure? (flow rate)

I did a job on Sunday where the client had well water and what I am assuming a lower flow rate well pump, my PW was acting up as well (cavitation)

Does your pressure washer have an unloader on it and if so, is it adjustable? Is it still acting up at home? Hook it up at home or somewhere you know you have good supply water flow and if it still acts up try adjusting the unloader and check the belt for proper tension. If this doesn't help maybe your unloader or pump is beginning to show signs of failure. I hope this helps.

ExoticAutoDetai
04-06-2011, 06:00 AM
The PW problem seems like a problem I had with mine.

Is the pump that may have pressure build up inside and the reason why it runs for a couple of seconds and then die is a protecion it has from blowing your pump.

You know a pump ain't cheap. Well all depending on the manufactured.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

DaGonz
04-06-2011, 06:06 AM
My take:
The Stain: probably some kind of vegetable oil. As you applied the solution, the dried oils rose to the top of the carpeting/fabric.

The Pressure Washer: was there air in the hose? Even a little bit of air will cause cavitation in the pump.

jpegs13
04-06-2011, 06:55 AM
My guess is that whatever is staining the carpet is on the pan under the carpet. You may have to do repeated soaks and vacs to draw the offending material out.

ALLN1WASH
04-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Okay, with the interior I've been using folex, and and apc for spot cleaning. I then follow that with an extractor using an oxy cleaning shampoo. Like I said before, I've never seen this happen. Also, last week my parents had their carpets cleaned in their home, and when the guys where done extracting, they supposedly sprayed some type off and acid solution which they claimed would prevent my current problem from happening and also they claimed it helps the drying process....idk anyone else ever heard of this???

On to the PW, it's a honda engine, direct drive 3000 psi unit. It's mounted inside my rig and is fed by a 100 g tank. The system is gravity fed and I have been using this setup since the beginning of the year and have not had the need of any additional water pump. The pump does have an unloader which is adjustable, that was the first thing I tried when I got home, and the same problem occured. I also tried hooking it up to a pressurized supply and once again, the same problem. Idk...

I just read that this type of problem is a common occurrence due to either a broken, bent or corroded overload. Has anyone ever fixed on of these or knows how to fix???

I

ALLN1WASH
04-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Okay, I have one of the two fixed. Just decieded to replace the pump with a 2800 psi commet. Went on very easily and the shop claims I should get atleast 5 years with it... We'll see....

As far a my other problem, what are you all using for upholstery cleaning?

ExoticAutoDetai
04-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't think the pump needed to be replaced but what's done is done.

When I had the problem they just let the overload pressure out. Change the oil, spark plug a little maintenance and was back up running.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

Flash Gordon
04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Don't believe everything you hear on the forums, not ALL stains can be removed. If the customer has let something dwell more then a few days, there's a good chance it can't be returned back to factory specs

Never give garranties on anything other then that you will give it everything you have!!!