PDA

View Full Version : Four star UPP?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
What kind of durability can I expect out of this sealant(polycharged version)?

roguish-desires
04-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Mark,

I used it on my mom's daily driver. Applied last September and as I bucket washed it today it is still beading. We had a ton of snow and salt this winter and the car has only seen three drive thru car washes all winter. It definitely needs some work but not as a result of the UPP failing.

I really wasn't expecting it to last past christmas lol! In my opinion it has more of a warm feel as compared to other sealants I've tried.

OCDetails
04-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I love UPP. It has been a staple in my detailing arsenal since way back in the day when it was called Platinum. This stuff is a great 'go to' sealant for any color or shape of vehicle. On a scale of one to ten I'd say it is a solid 8. There are some products which last longer or look better, but considering by my standards the best looking product you can get off the shelf locally is only a 4, this is still head and shoulders above anything else that most of your customers would have ever seen before. It is a great product.

Durability is eight to ten weeks for a daily driver without a garage from my experience.

I like 5X UPP and then top it with a coat of carnauba for maximum appearance and protection. It is definitely a great product.

MCA
04-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Platinum/Four Star UPP.....such an oldie but goodie (for me at least). Easy on/off application, a balanced look, and unrivaled slickness. I do not have the polycharged version but it lasts 6-8 weeks in Texas summer weather with bi-weekly hand washes. I would imagine that the polycharged version would have much better durability.

This topic makes me want to KAIO + PUPP + s100/m16 my car.

Fred114
04-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I also love Four Star UPP. So easy to apply and it does last a good long time. It is definitely my favorite sealant.

Lasthope05
04-06-2011, 12:41 PM
4* UPP is one of my favorite LSP's. I lasts about 3 months for me in PA weather, looks great, and is the slickest LSP out there, period.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-06-2011, 12:45 PM
4* UPP is one of my favorite LSP's. I lasts about 3 months for me in PA weather, looks great, and is the slickest LSP out there, period.
Does it give more of a bright, glossy look, or a warm, wet look?

Lasthope05
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Definitely a bright and glossy look. If you top it off with OCW once its cured, the paint goes beyond slick. Its a combo you just have to try.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Definitely a bright and glossy look. If you top it off with OCW once its cured, the paint goes beyond slick. Its a combo you just have to try.
Cool, thanks. I have both. I'll give this combo a try.

ScottB
04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
It is my personal favorite and a hidden gem. UPP rocks and so easy to apply and remove you wont mind another coat.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks everyone.

FULL cure time?

sal329
04-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I have a detail this weekend and I think I may use this for the first time. Might top it wil Mayhem dunno