PDA

View Full Version : using collinite 845

poweraid
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
my applications are as followed. dawn wash, clay, then gonna try the optimum hyper polish spray, xmt 360, followed by collinite 845. for upkeep gonna try wg deep gloss spritz sealant , as this can be used as wax booster, and i also have dp final gloss quick detailer. now i know collinite 845 is a pretty durable wax and can last months. my question is can i keep applying collinite 845 like every 6 weeks ? or should i maybe use a less durable wax, but still good quality, if i plan to want to wax every 6 weeks ? some suggestions on other waxes to use for this purpose would be appreciated if i should not be using collinite every 6 weeks. this is an everyday driven 4x4. and now , paste wax vs. liquid wax ?

thanks,
chad
northern wisconsin

silverfox
04-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I'd go straight from hyper polish to 845. Hyper cuts more and finishes better than xmt360 so skip the 360. Wax with 845 twice per year and use detail spray or waterless wash in between car washes. You don't need to boost the collinite with any other waxes.

TLMitchell
04-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I'd go straight from hyper polish to 845. Hyper cuts more and finishes better than xmt360 so skip the 360. Wax with 845 twice per year and use detail spray or waterless wash in between car washes. You don't need to boost the collinite with any other waxes.

:iagree:

Although 845 is long lasting and I apply every 6 months or so I use DGAW about once a month for added slickness and shine. It compliments 845s brightness on lighter colors and has decent longevity on it's own.

TL