PDA

View Full Version : Im a Confused Little Boy! On where to reside!

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
04-05-2011, 03:29 PM
So I posted a few months ago about an offer to come down to Fort Lauderdale to detail cars with this guy down here. He said he had a bunch of business blah blah blah Well I got royally screwed on that gig. Anyways I stayed down bc I know lots of people down here. I have been detailing for myself but it aint easy down here. I took into consideration that there where a lot of people down here but I didnt consider those that will do it for 50 cents on my dollar. So before I moved I said I will come down for 3 months and if I can make X amount I will stay. Once I got down down here X amount didnt matter I was just happy to down here lol

Before I moved down I turned down some fairley promising gigs and I have been turning jobs down from STL for the past 3 months. Well I have been seriously considering moving back and really almost put my 2 weeks in with the job Im at now today. I had 2 phone calls today one was a Personal trainer who's wifes car I did and they where very happy with the job. He said he was going to let me do all of his clients cars and he was going to pay the tab. So that could be a great starting point. I also got a call from my roomate and he works at a shop that is looking to hire a mobile detailer to wash cars. My roomate says "a lot" of cars go in an out everyday. I also have other stuff going on too.

I have a lot of really, really good friends down here but I have family that I miss up in STL. Its just funny that right before I moved to FL I was getting lots of job offers and now that Im like about to pull the trigger and leave FL Im getting some offers etc

I just thought I would share a little of whats going on. Any advice would be ok.

jpegs13
04-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I guess you've already forgotten the winter we had this year. If I could, I'd be so far south that I wouldn't even own long pants anymore.

ShineTimeDetail
04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I guess you've already forgotten the winter we had this year. If I could, I'd be so far south that I wouldn't even own long pants anymore.

What about rain down here?

jimmyjam
04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
What about rain down here?

More rain/more dirty vehicles... It's sounds like you're getting a second opportunity.

jpegs13
04-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I would trade rain for freezing my ars off in a heartbeat

SeaJay's
04-05-2011, 04:09 PM
So are you struggling to get you business going down there?

I'm asking because I currently live in MA and my gf and I have really been considering moving to Florida (she's been specifically saying the Fort Lauderdale area). Now your making me think about that area.

It's a tough decision between family and friends. Sometimes you need to just look out for yourself. What makes YOU happy? Are you happier in FL or do you want to go back to STL? You can always visit family and friends. But you have to consider this is something I'm use to. My entire family lives in either Abilene, TX or Steele, MO. Except my mother who is in the same town as me.

It's a tough decision and you have to live with whatever choice you make? Are you going to get to STL be happy to see your family but then think, wow I miss the Florida for say the weather?

SeaJay's
04-05-2011, 04:10 PM
I would trade rain for freezing my ars off in a heartbeat

:iagree:

ShineTimeDetail
04-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Well honestly I said the same. Really I'm considering moving down here every year for the winter if I don't have a good side gig in stl come next year. If I saved 3 months rent I could easily come down here and detail cars for gas and food. There's to many people down here doing it plus you have guys willing to do it for next to nothing.

SeaJay's
04-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Well honestly I said the same. Really I'm considering moving down here every year for the winter if I don't have a good side gig in stl come next year. If I saved 3 months rent I could easily come down here and detail cars for gas and food. There's to many people down here doing it plus you have guys willing to do it for next to nothing.

I see your point.

I am still moving south. No matter what. So, I'm going to have to figure out a way to make it work. Just may mean I'm living in a different area. I'll just have to figure out a way to stand out against the rest. Time will tell.

Good luck with you decision. Either way hope you the best!

ShineTimeDetail
04-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Thank u! I wouldn't come to ftl or Miami..my opinion.

bulldog shine
04-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Come to the Gulf side it is more laid back.

ShineTimeDetail
04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Your not the first person to tell me that.

SeaJay's
04-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Thank u! I wouldn't come to ftl or Miami..my opinion.

Great, thanks for that. I'll be sure to look elsewhere!

Porsche Pilot
04-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Jason, definitely look into the gulf side...Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area. There is a reason why I left south FL. I wouldnt go back for anything.

Audi X2
04-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Come to the Gulf side it is more laid back.

:iagree: