PDA

View Full Version : Souveran- am i the only one

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CalgaryDetail
01-01-2007, 07:06 PM
I have been on this forum for a couple week now,and have been on many others for alot longer (im sure some of the member here know me from elsehwere).
But i noticed on this forum that Souveran is pushed like mad, i know its an AG forum, but they have so many other products on the market.
So im going to come out and say it. I dont think souveran is as great as people say. Its a nice wax dont get me wrong but i think there are more then a few waxes around the same price that give both a deaper and a shinier look.
I know there are plently of waxes that are cheaper that will do just as good a job, for example i think pb's nattys blue is almost the same in the looks departmen, maybe souv, has a little more
now that im done my rant,
am I the only person on this forum who dosent think Souveran is the cats meow,

and please dont get me wrong i think its a good wax, i just dont think its all its craked up to be.

and before i get half the forum jumping down my throat and calling me an idiot, rember this is just my opion, i like you know what i like and what i dont like. So dont get mad at me.. please.

Also if you do think im off my rocker let me know why, this, after all, is a forum so lets discuss it.

Thanks

-mike

Juztang
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Mike

I really agree with what you are saying. I've tried Souveran and I've compared it next to Natty's blue and you really can't tell that much of a difference if any. I'm not saying it doesn't look good, I'm just saying that I don't think it is worth all of the extra money.

Whitethunder46
01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm still a newb at detailing and my PC along with PB's NB is on the way, but with that said I can't see myself spending that much on a wax. Also, from everything I've read on here it seems like most only prefer Souveran on black cars which then it's supposed to be the best.

I do plan on getting liquid souveran which seems to look best on multiple colors.

CalgaryDetail
01-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, I'm still a newb at detailing and my PC along with PB's NB is on the way, but with that said I can't see myself spending that much on a wax. Also, from everything I've read on here it seems like most only prefer Souveran on black cars which then it's supposed to be the best.

I do plan on getting liquid souveran which seems to look best on multiple colors.

i have used souven on black and it does look good, it also looks good on all colours, just better on black.
As for the never spending that much on wax, i said that once. I know am into the luxury waxes just to play with them. so dont discount a wax becasue of its price tag, to many do :p

nick19
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
I got an some Zymol Titanium wax, on sale at Amazon, and signed up for a student credit card, got approved, and Amazon is giving me $30 back. So for a $80 glass of wax, Amazon had it for $59, and I got an additional $30 off. I'll take it for $29.

I ordered some PB Natty's Blue, and will be here tomorrow. My car gets out of the shop this week, and I cannot WAIT to use PB NB product.

Of course there is tons of other waxes out there, and it depends what look you're trying to get. I'm going to be ordering some of the Collinite waxes next.

GearHead_1
01-01-2007, 08:11 PM
So im going to come out and say it. I dont think souveran is as great as people say.

Get a rope! :D

You must not have read the disclaimer on the bottom of the label. It doesn't work well in Canada and yes of course you are entitled to your opinion.;)

Seriously though, this topic is no different than any number of the Zaino threads you've read on various forums over the past couple of weeks. Find what works for you and use it regularly, it's that simple. There are lovers and haters of just about every product made. I for one find Souveran to be all that is claimed to be. I like it a lot and top just about any sealant I've ever used with it. Of course it looks great all by itself too.

MikeyC
01-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Mike,

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. The thing I've always enjoyed about your posts is that you like to form your own opinion. You might take suggestions on what to buy next from other's feedback but you always with hold judgement until your own personal use.

Detailing product choice is SO subjective. It really makes discussion of products difficult and to some degree moot. I am of the opinion that no one can really tell you if you'll like a product or not. You have to try it out for yourself to find the truth.

To some degree, I compare waxes to wine. Most could not tell the difference between a $20 bottle and a $500 bottle. Is there really a difference? Is it just in the heads of these people who think they can tell? No one can really say for sure. Personally, I feel I can see a difference between different waxes and sealants. The differences are subtle most times and definitely not obvious to those not looking carefully. Whether those subtle differences are worth it is a personal value judgement that only you can answer.

I've tried Souveran on multiple colors of car and I like it. It's not my #1 favorite of all time, but it's probably in the top 5. Just my opinion based on my person experience and situation.

Surfer
01-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I wish I had pics from this past summer, but some friends tried few combo's on their cars. A black E39' M5 and Lemans Blue E39 M5. On the black none of us could really tell a noticable difference, from different angles NB seemed a tad crisper and wetter while Souv had just a tad more glow to it. On the Lemans Blue, both topped RMG, seemed the same. I think one of them had a pic of his car on the M5 Board, I'll have to check. I still think it's an excellent wax.

Gary Sword
01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I honestly think Souveran is the best wax I have used on darker color cars. The exception is my yellow car where it has also done the best job out of anything I have tried so far. I have been detailing my cars for a long time and I have tried a lot of different products. When you break the cost down per detail Souveran Paste really is not very expensive per detail (especially at some of the deals AG has had lately). I honestly have never paid full price for it. I don't work for Pinnacle, AG or know anyone who does. I have no reason to say anything I don't feel is true. I do like to continue to try other products and I just purchased some Poorboys Natty's Blue. I have not had a chance to try it out yet so I can not give an opinion on it. I'm glad we all don't have the opinion about things.

Kelso
01-01-2007, 09:22 PM
my opinion is that almost the entire pinnacle line is for show situations. i have found that the reflection is usually a bit crisper, more mirror like, and the paint is just deeper and wetter. nattys blue and max wax are probably its closest siblings in this department but souveran has the slightest edge. and the edge i assume is because of the purity of the wax. i could be wrong but i look at it sort of like max wax, with more refining steps in the making to give it that little extra. and like gary said, its not expensive at all when you consider how much you can do with it. i believe pinnacle says it does about 30 cars but id say its much much much more than that, it lasts so long(the can). basically what im saying is in my mind it is reserved for when you need that little extra oomph when your paint is being judged

aschultz91
01-01-2007, 09:30 PM
yes souveran is very like max wax. The difference between souveran and nattys is the ease of application. I find that souveran and max wax are like butter to put on. I had a little more trouble putting on nattys. Although i love nattys it just isnt as good as souveran or maxwax in teh looks or ease of application department. My two cents

tonyspop
01-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I got an some Zymol Titanium wax, on sale at Amazon, and signed up for a student credit card, got approved, and Amazon is giving me $30 back. So for a $80 glass of wax, Amazon had it for $59, and I got an additional $30 off. I'll take it for $29.

I ordered some PB Natty's Blue, and will be here tomorrow. My car gets out of the shop this week, and I cannot WAIT to use PB NB product.

Of course there is tons of other waxes out there, and it depends what look you're trying to get. I'm going to be ordering some of the Collinite waxes next.I have a can of souveran paste but have not had a chance to use it as of yet.:D I do use Collinite as a winter wax though(476)and you won't be disappointed.It sits on top of two coats of wolfgangs paint sealant.The beading effect is incredible along with a really deep shine.I waxed my red silverado and the wifes dark grey honda using the same combo.The red has a lot deeper shine than the grey.This spring I will top both with souveran and offer a comparison.:awesome:

Grimm
01-01-2007, 09:59 PM
I've not tried the paste Souveran, and due to the price probably won't any time soon. But as Justin would say, over on "A"nother site which is not related to Autogeek there are a ton of people that say it's the best for black cars.

Kelso
01-01-2007, 10:05 PM
was justin "removed" from "a"nother site?

GearHead_1
01-01-2007, 10:08 PM
was justin "removed" from "a"nother site?

I had not seen this but I just checked and this appears to be the case. How could anyone have a problem with such a nice guy who gives great reviews and calls it like he sees it? Sorry Justin.