PDA

View Full Version : Window Polish for scratches.

Luke
01-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Is there any window polish that will remove scratches? Thanks in advance!

Whitethunder46
01-01-2007, 07:07 PM
scratches? I highly doubt it.

I have an order coming in Thursday, and one of the item's is Klasse AIO. Supposedly this is really good and lasts a lot longer than Rain-X.

I've yet to see many try this and polish with the PC, so I'm going to do this and a mini review. My mom's car has some streaks from the wiper's that do not come off with scrubbing. I plan on using an Edge orange pad and AIO on the window's.

Reddwarf
01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
DP High Performance Glass Restorer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp515.html). Nothing is going to remove deep scratches, but the DP Glass Restorer does a great job at removing water spots and other grime that you can't get out with glass cleaner.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1929_45790820

CalgaryDetail
01-01-2007, 07:13 PM
you can get window polishing kits. I have never used one so im not sure which one to go with.
From what i have heard, they take alot of time and heat to work with, and they do not do a good job. Windows are relitivy cheap, so from what i have heard it is just worth your while to spend the money and get a new window

Luke
01-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Whitethunder, that stuff that you are ordering... Is it the same thing as Rain-X? Calgary, how much is it for windows? Like 100 for the windshield and 50 for side windows?

Surfer
01-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Get AIO, not only does it work great on glass but it works anywhere basically, wheels, paint, chrome etc. I didn't have any luck with DP Glass Restorer, it would only remove fresh spots which any normal qd'er or even Stoners will. Even tried it on a 4" cutting pad. AIO is a great chemical cleaner and will leave a light layer of acrylic protection that will bead water off glass for months and months. I use it on my chrome grill as well and bugs just wipe off and don't stick.

But if your glass actually as scratches, there's really no way to polish them down like you can with clear coat.

aschultz91
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I have had great success with DP Glass Restorer. I used my Hitachi rotary and a edge 2k yellow pad and set it to about 1100 RPM's. Cleaned up very well with low dusting. The rotary does a really good job. It took a lot longer with the pc to get decent results.