PDA

View Full Version : do i need new/different polishes???

prow
04-04-2011, 03:17 PM
hey everyone. i recently bought all my detailing stuff to polish with. got the griot's 6" polisher. anyway the truck i had was stolen, a black 02' ranger. the good thing is i got it back in about 5 hours, but they took the keys. its a $1000.00 to replace the keys "remote entry". so instead i traded it in and got a new 2011 ranger. i bought menzera polishes, intestive polish, final polish and finishing glaze. that would have been perfect for my old truck but not sure about the new one. will the polishes i have be fine or should i get superinstive polish and super finish(nano) polish for the new truck??

fancyfootwork
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Your current products will be fine. No need to buy new products unless they don't work.

SeaJay's
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
The polishes you have should be fine. Only difference being the new truck will probably have less swirls and RIDS.

Crazy Amos
04-04-2011, 03:33 PM
The Only difference being the new truck will probably have less swirls and RIDS.

What are you talking about Jason? That's a brand spank me new truck! It couldn't possibly have any swirls or RIDS in it!
Hahahaha!

Back on topic, I agree with these guys. You should be fine with what you have.

prow
04-04-2011, 04:04 PM
nice thanks. i thought it should be fine. the only swirl marks are from the dealer sales people wiping it off with a rag, same rag for the entire lot i am sure..

jpegs13
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Good collection of products, you're all set

BobbyG
04-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Congratulations on the new truck and good luck with your new purchase....:props:

The polishes you mention are top shelf. I use these all the time with outstanding results.

What pads are you using?
Do you plan on using a sealant?
What wax is your favorite?

Setec Astronomy
04-04-2011, 05:21 PM
nice thanks. i thought it should be fine. the only swirl marks are from the dealer sales people wiping it off with a rag, same rag for the entire lot i am sure..

When you say same rag for the entire lot, you're saying they wipe down the actual lot as well as the vehicles on the lot, right? I mean come on, it's a dealer, buffing pads and wiping towels aren't properly "seasoned" until they've been face down on a concrete floor...

prow
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Congratulations on the new truck and good luck with your new purchase....:props:

The polishes you mention are top shelf. I use these all the time with outstanding results.

What pads are you using?
Do you plan on using a sealant?
What wax is your favorite?

pads i am using all LC. i was ging to use white with the IP then if need orange. i dont think i will need IP for a while. but will use the FP with grey pad if need white pad should do. for the glaze going with blue pads.

for sealant might not use that right away. going to use soulveran Paste over the summer. then after i get tired of waxing every 6 weeks will use wolfgang deep gloss and or collinite #845 wax. for the extra protection over the winter:)

may fav. wax, soulveran Paste. i do like collinite #845 too.

prow
04-04-2011, 10:21 PM
When you say same rag for the entire lot, you're saying they wipe down the actual lot as well as the vehicles on the lot, right? I mean come on, it's a dealer, buffing pads and wiping towels aren't properly "seasoned" until they've been face down on a concrete floor...
lol, thats about it...i think you can tell how long they have a car on the lot by how many layers of swirls they put in...

FUNX650
04-05-2011, 05:46 PM
lol, thats about it...i think you can tell how long they have a car on the lot by how many layers of swirls they put in...

Good one. I've tried layering LSPs...never thought about layering swirls though.Im the MAN.

Nice choice of products. So...Polish away, All day, If you may:)