PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of the Pinnacle Waxes

Pages : [1] 2

Luke
01-01-2007, 05:56 PM
What are the different results of the Pinnacle waxes? Just the Souveran Paste wax, Signiture Series II Paste wax, and the Liquid Souveran Wax. The prices vary, and I am wondering the results of all of them and the differences of them. Thanks in advance to all!

Gary Sword
01-01-2007, 06:44 PM
From my experience Liquid Souveran looks the best on a white car. Better then the Paste or Signiture Series. I would think it would look excellant on any color car especially a light colored car. It does come in a 128 oz bottle which is very cost effective. For the money Signiture Series if very nice and does a great job. It was just on sale on the Pinnacle site but I'm not sure if it still is. If money is a concern it would be a good choice if you want to go with a paste. If money is not in equation Souveran Paste is the best product I have ever used on all colors except white. All 3 products go on and off very easy.

In my opinion Sourvern Paste does smell better, come of easier, seems to deepen the color more (even on my yellow car) and leave more of a wet look but it does cost a lot more. If I was in business detailing a customers car I would probably use the Signiture Series before the Souveran Paste. Although if you divide the number of details you can get out of a tub of Souveran Paste the cost per detail is only a few bucks.

Luke
01-01-2007, 06:50 PM
So what is the difference between the two pastes? Thank you so much for your help!

CalgaryDetail
01-01-2007, 06:54 PM
I have found that sov. paste will give you a deep look. It will make the paint look thicker and crisper, it also gives a nice shine.I find that sov. isnt deap enough for me personaly but thats just me. the paste is good for dark colours (its good on all paint types).
The pinacle II gives a shinier look, it dosent look as deep on any colour but it will give you more gloss. Thats why it works well on ligher colours.
I have not used the liquid sov, as of yet.

These are all my experiance, but im convinced you can get better waxes for around the same price.

I hate to tell you to do this, but use the searhc key. These waxes are brought up alot, im not saying this is a bad thread since they are always diffrent, but you will get opions of members who no longer post, ot opions of people who dont feel like typing out there response. I think this and the search tool will come in handy for you.

But i would not dicount some of the other waxes both sold on AG and not on AG. I have my favorites (victoria wax) but alot of people stick with the pinnacle lines. Dont limit yourself, keep and open mind and an open garage. I am know as the guy who wil try anything, and i have found it has come in handy to get me to using what i feel are the best products on the market.,

Luke
01-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Thank you.

supercharged
01-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I have found Liquid Souveran giving great results on all colors, especially superb on whites, and metallics. Paste Glaz is designed for light colors, and works very well on them. Souveran paste is the king for reds, darks, and blacks.

sparkie
01-01-2007, 11:25 PM
All Pinnacle waxes are outstanding IMO. In one your posts you said you are starting a detailing biz! For me MaxWax is the best out there for that.http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/98F-150009.jpg

Luke
01-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Thank you sparkie. If I may ask, why is Max Wax the best for that? What does IMO stand for?

wytstang
01-01-2007, 11:43 PM
IMO=In My Opinion

Jimmie
01-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Can a person still get Souveran Paste Glaz ?

Kelso
01-02-2007, 12:02 AM
you cant buy paste glaz from any chains, but you can score some on ebay occasionally. i dont see the obsession with it though, liquid souveran or sig 2 will do the job. here my opinion
yellows, reds and blacks especially, souveran paste will take the cake.
anything metallic or light colored(silver, white, etc) will look best under liquid souveran and my god that stuff is super super slick.
i have not used Sig II but to me it looks like a paste version of liquid souveran, meaning it will look best on light colors.

i have been using lots of liquid souveran and on my last application i said, let me try the max wax this time. i think it looked better, more reflective and deeper, but im still gonna try the LS again...maybe its just cause the max wax was fresh...

but did anybody else notice in that pic above you can perfectly read the reflection of max wax?thats impressive to me

Luke
01-02-2007, 12:05 AM
What picture above? Thank you for your opinion.

ScottB
01-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Can a person still get Souveran Paste Glaz ?

I'll sell you my last one, 75.00 US. Just joking, well maybe, but you might find it on auction. Has not been offered in many years.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste --- Blacks, Reds, Yellows --- super wetness, depth, richness

Pinnacle Paste Glaz --- brighter, originally designed for light colors

Sig Series, Sig Series II --- made for lighter cars, offers polymer technology to add some reflection and glow.

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid --- a shimmering beauty, designed for longer durability and use in different environments. Can be allowed to dry/cure completely.

nick19
01-02-2007, 05:20 PM
PM me for more info on Past Glaz..

cullen2505
01-04-2007, 05:53 PM
PM me for more info on Past Glaz..

I would like some more info on Paste Glaz. I sent you a PM