PDA

View Full Version : Megs 105 help

Pulpit
04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
So I really like using the Megs 105 and 205 with the orange and white pads respectively. My first correction is on my 2002 Black Yukon XL Denali. I have tried a test spot on the hood and really like the results I am getting with this combination.

My question for all you pros is this:
What can I do to make the removal of the 105 a bit easier? The 205 comes off nice and easy, but the 105 does not.

Also, what sealant/wax would you recommend for this wagon and color?

I appreciate any insight you may have.

Pulpit

Crazy Amos
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I think you may be working it a little too long. If you need a longer working time try spritzing your pad with some water and then working it. That should allow you to work it to where you need it and still remove easily.

If that is not the case, I always use Megs Final Inspection to loosen my compounds up if needed. If you don't have that, ONR detail spray or even water will work.

Dr Oldz
04-03-2011, 10:19 PM
I think you may be working it a little too long. If you need a longer working time try spritzing your pad with some water and then working it. That should allow you to work it to where you need it and still remove easily.

If that is not the case, I always use Megs Final Inspection to loosen my compounds up if needed. If you don't have that, ONR detail spray or even water will work.

:iagree:I feel Troy nailed it here! As far as sealant/wax......My personal opinions on black are Ultima Paint Guard Plus or Wolfgand Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for sealants. I typically don't use a sealant too often but those two are my choice. As far as waxes I love Souveran or Dodo Purple Haze Pro on black! Collinite 915 and Max Wax are also nice nuba choices for the budget minded with the 915 having excellent durability.

swosanity
04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
look at some blackfire products. amazing results.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-03-2011, 11:53 PM
What can I do to make the removal of the 105 a bit easier?
Also, what sealant/wax would you recommend for this wagon and color?

Pulpit
IPA diluted with distilled water or Griot's Pre-Wax Cleaner.

Wolfgang Fuzion paste wax for black. Pinnacle Souveran looks great, but it's durability is something to be desired.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant looks great on black and has good durability.

richy
04-04-2011, 12:28 AM
If it's not coming off easily, chances are you're using too much.

Pulpit
04-04-2011, 07:15 AM
I appeciate all of the feedback and will try your suggestions.

I will also look into these waxes/sealants for the top coat on the black paint.

jamores23
04-04-2011, 07:40 AM
ive had same problem either working it too long or using too much product