PDA

View Full Version : cleaning BBQ grill

embolism
04-03-2011, 04:21 PM
hey guys, can I clean my grill with Megs APC or degreaser provided I rinse it well and follow up with dish soap afterwards or is it just a bad idea?

I figure if nate can eat his products, then it should be ok right?

SeaJay's
04-03-2011, 04:34 PM
LOL. You can. Don't know how it will react. And if you rinse it well and then just ensure you run your grill on high for awhile you'll be fine. If you happen to notice your meat tastes a little funny it's not the chemicals you used, it's probably the gas. Bad tank or something.:laughing:

BobbyG
04-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I clean my grill every spring using Meguiar's Super Degreaser and my power washer, no problems so far....:props:

JonMiles
04-03-2011, 06:04 PM
My grill gets a cleaning with Megs APC+ about once a month and I've yet to taste anything weird afterwards. Just spray on, agitate, and rinse clean. You might want to let the grill run for a few minutes before starting to cook just to burn off any residual APC.

jlb85
04-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I use APC on pots and pans. I use Meg's glass cleaner on everything, everything I say! Try some wax on the formica counter tops, Aquapel in the glass shower, I wanna try Opti-Coat on my sinks and faucets (but it is in too high a demand to use on knick-knaks just yet). I did OC my iPhone though :D

KAIO works great on the laptop screen and keyboard, the PS3. I have Red Mist Tropical on my flatscreen and use a green Cobra MF for it exclusively.

embolism
04-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Awesome!

Gonna have to write some of the other stuff down for things to do next winter when I can't detail the car...