PDA

View Full Version : 1-step with Meguiar's MF Cutting Discs, D300, Optimum Spray Wax...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
04-03-2011, 02:53 PM
No sun shots as the weather is very gloomy, but with gloomy weather, you can see the gloss on white. This was attained using a compound, not bad eh? It easily finished LSP ready on white. I absolutely love the MF system. Optimum Spray Wax is also a gem. I waxed the car in 10 minutes, and I'm sold that it will give protection for a solid 3 months. I used a Griot's Garage DA for the compounding.

I still need to clean the bed. Picture were taken with my Verizon iPhone 4.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/brewinz_2009/photo1.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/brewinz_2009/photo2.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/brewinz_2009/photo4.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/brewinz_2009/photo3.jpg

CleanGene
04-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Looks good Mark. Nice job.

jpegs13
04-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Nice!

sal329
04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Looks good can not wait to get my mf cutting pads and compound in

James K
04-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I tried the D301 the other day as a AIO. The customer just wanted a wash, clay, and wax, so I figured why not give it a try. It worked nice, but I will not replace my Pinnacle with it. It removed some very minor swirling and put a nice shine the paint. The customer was stoked. I will give your method a try next time and try to upsell to a one step.

atoy
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi Mark, woooww for a 1 step.... I have a question, I'm using Random Orbital.. I have no expreience with the Meguiars Microfiber Disc. I want to switch to Megs Microfober Disc from LC H2O Pads because im a hobbyist and weekend warrior, i want to simplify my pads. If i use LC H2O pads, too many pads to keep not like Megs MF pad it only take 1 to 2 pads to finish down a car, H2O pads are not that durable and takes a while to dry after cleaning, takes a little while to correct. My only concern is if MF Discs finish down much faster and as nice as LC H2O?? Polishes are M105/m205 and Menz SIP/106fa. what do you suggest? Sorry if i hijack your thead.. tnx

C. Charles Hahn
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Awesome... so there was no hazing left behind at all?

jlb85
04-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Looks great, Mark!!

BTW, what did you use on the plastic trim? It looks good too!

Matt575
04-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Looks good! I wish I got that great of a result, but it was my FIRST TIME EVER so I guess I have a ways to go. How do you do the curves on that thing? That's one thing I haven't quite figured out how to do yet.

Rez90
04-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Mark.

What is D300?

I'm not familiar....

Thanks.

DonMTV
04-03-2011, 08:29 PM
It is the Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction Compound. I used it today for the first time on a test spot on my Mustang. I will be posting pics later.

Don

93fox
04-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Mark.

What is D300?

I'm not familiar....

Thanks.

Meguiars Microfiber Correction Compound, polishing compound, paint correction (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-compound.html)

J1nx93
04-03-2011, 09:10 PM
That thing looks sharp! Good work!

Jeff120
04-03-2011, 09:25 PM
We need some before pics.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Hi Mark, woooww for a 1 step.... I have a question, I'm using Random Orbital.. I have no expreience with the Meguiars Microfiber Disc. I want to switch to Megs Microfober Disc from LC H2O Pads because im a hobbyist and weekend warrior, i want to simplify my pads. If i use LC H2O pads, too many pads to keep not like Megs MF pad it only take 1 to 2 pads to finish down a car, H2O pads are not that durable and takes a while to dry after cleaning, takes a little while to correct. My only concern is if MF Discs finish down much faster and as nice as LC H2O?? Polishes are M105/m205 and Menz SIP/106fa. what do you suggest? Sorry if i hijack your thead.. tnx

Thanks! :)

The MF pads finish great! The cutting pad/M105 will cut faster and finish just as nice as a Cyan Hydrotech pad, IMO.

I would think any of Meguiar's SMAT products(M105, M205, Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, SwirlX, etc..) would work well with the MF pads. I haven't tried Menzerna polishes, so I can't comment on those.

Awesome... so there was no hazing left behind at all?
Thanks, Charlie! :dblthumb2:

The paint was pretty close to haze free, IMO. Certainly not enough to justify 2-steps in this situation.

Looks great, Mark!!

BTW, what did you use on the plastic trim? It looks good too!
I'll take any compliments from you, Jacob!!!! :props: I look up to your amazing work!

I used UTTG on the plastic trim.

Looks good! I wish I got that great of a result, but it was my FIRST TIME EVER so I guess I have a ways to go. How do you do the curves on that thing? That's one thing I haven't quite figured out how to do yet.
Matt, you're on your way buddy! I felt the same way when I first started out. Although, I have improved, I have a long way to go, so don't feel bad! I bumped up the speed on some curves to keep the pad rotating.

Mark.

What is D300?

I'm not familiar....

Thanks.
Rez,

It's the compound that's used as part of the MF system.

That thing looks sharp! Good work!
Thank you! :)

We need some before pics.
I know, my fault. The truck was heavily swirled, though.