PDA

View Full Version : Need some supplies. Read my list....give me your favorites!

Rez90
04-03-2011, 01:11 PM
So i did my first full detail of the year yesterday and i realized i'm in need of some supplies as i'm running low. If you have the time and feel like it can you guys tell me your favorites of the products i need? I'm always looking to upgrade my products as i replace them.

So here's the short list.

1. Quick Detailer/Clay Lube. I have to say Adams is my favorite. FK being my 2nd. I've heard good things about Optimum as well.

2. Tire Shine. I don't have a favorite.

3. Microfiber detergent. The only one i've used was Pinnacle. It did the job but i'm always lookin for something better

4. Metal Polish.

5. Wash mit/media. I use the schmitt sometimes....but it's not amazing....

I think thats it for now.

Apprecaite any reponses. Thanks!

BobbyG
04-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Detail Spray

I like Adams detail spray but once I tried Finish Kare 425 this is now on top..

Tire Products

Pinnacle Black Onyx
Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
DP Gloss Tire Gel
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

I've listed from 1 to 4 for level of glossiness.

All of these are superb performers with the "more glossy" going to Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Now this glossiness is not the wet shine you might be thinking of if you've ever used something like Meguiar's "Hot Wheels" tire spray.

While either the Pinnacle or Wolfgang are applied they do give off that wet appearance but as the product soaks into the rubber it tends to tone it down to a nice black satin finish. I apply all my tire treatments with a brush and a foam sponge.

DP Gloss Tire Gel goes on buttery smooth and dries to a deep dark rich blackness. It's has sort of a mint smell to it but goes away after it's dried.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is another good performer but it takes a couple of coats to get it looking good. This gives what I'd call the flattest finish although it does look quite good but not quite as rich as the three above.

All of these have a decent lifespan so I'm sure one will suit your needs.

Metal Polish

Mothers

Wash Mitt

Lambs Wool

sal329
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
1. Quick Detailer/Clay Lube. FK 425 and DG 921 for QD, clay lube Dodo Born Slippery or ONR

2. Tire Shine. I like Meg Hyper Dressing & FK 108

3. Microfiber detergent. I use Woolite to wash my MF towels

4. Metal Polish. Meguiars M105, Optimum metal polish and autosol

5. Wash mit/media. I use Proline Grout sponge or sheepskin mitt

Rez90
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Detail Spray

I like Adams detail spray but once I tried Finish Kare 425 this is now on top..

Tire Products

Pinnacle Black Onyx
Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
DP Gloss Tire Gel
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel
I've listed from 1 to 4 for level of glossiness.

All of these are superb performers with the "more glossy" going to Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Now this glossiness is not the wet shine you might be thinking of if you've ever used something like Meguiar's "Hot Wheels" tire spray.

While either the Pinnacle or Wolfgang are applied they do give off that wet appearance but as the product soaks into the rubber it tends to tone it down to a nice black satin finish. I apply all my tire treatments with a brush and a foam sponge.

DP Gloss Tire Gel goes on buttery smooth and dries to a deep dark rich blackness. It's has sort of a mint smell to it but goes away after it's dried.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is another good performer but it takes a couple of coats to get it looking good. This gives what I'd call the flattest finish although it does look quite good but not quite as rich as the three above.

All of these have a decent lifespan so I'm sure one will suit your needs.

Metal Polish

Mothers

Wash Mitt

Lambs Wool

thank you!

James K
04-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Quick detailer - FK425
DP Waterless

Clay Lube - DP rinseless

Tire Shine - Opti-Bond diluted 1:1. I love a flat look.
DP Gloss Tire Gel if I want more sheen
Honorable Mention goes to Mothers Reflections Advanced Tire Care

Microfiber Detergent - Tide Free

Metal Polish - Mothers
Never Dull Wading Polish

Wash Mitt - Mothers Lambswool

tcfatboys
05-31-2011, 05:07 PM
I'll give you a really bad ass finish for all your chrome / rims / small hard to reach plastic's inside the car

i have use this product for about 7 years. Nothing for me come's close to the finish it has

pig spit / spray can
you can find it at a harley davidson shop
one of the best to use as a final detailer

WRAPT C5Z06
05-31-2011, 05:59 PM
QD: FK 425 (gloss)
Poorboys Spray and Wipe(no gloss)

Clay Lube: Poorboys Spray and Wipe

Tire shine: Meg's Hyper Dressing or FK108

Metal polish: Optimum Metal Polish

Wash media: Autogeek Sheepskin Wash Pad

ScottB
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
1. Quick Detailer/Clay Lube. ONR (clay) and Optimum (QD)

2. Tire Shine. OPtimums Opti-bond

3. Microfiber detergent. DP Version ...

4. Metal Polish. Flitz, Simichrome, Wolfgang Metalwerks

5. Wash mit/media. MF Towel, Chenille Mitt

kronos
05-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Below...

So i did my first full detail of the year yesterday and i realized i'm in need of some supplies as i'm running low. If you have the time and feel like it can you guys tell me your favorites of the products i need? I'm always looking to upgrade my products as i replace them.

So here's the short list.

1. Quick Detailer/Clay Lube. I have to say Adams is my favorite. FK being my 2nd. I've heard good things about Optimum as well. OID is good, but can streak. I believe it's temperature sensitive. The warmer the panel, the more likely it is to streak.

5. Wash mit/media. I use the schmitt sometimes....but it's not amazing.... Sheepskin is oh so soft on paint. You may want to give one a try.

I think thats it for now.

Apprecaite any reponses. Thanks!

AeroCleanse
05-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Tire products, Meg's ASD and 1z Vinyl-Rubber