PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaning... Opinions Please

Pages : [1] 2

D
01-01-2007, 04:10 PM
What do you guys think of this... (keep in mind this is for customer cars)

DP Total Interior Cleaner- use this to clean everything, leather, carpet rubber, vinyl, etc.

303 Protectant- to protect that stuff ^^^^^

Four Star Ultimate Leather Conditioner- use this to condition the leather. (any other recommendations?) Im not very fond of the 2 in 1 leather cleaner/ conditioner stuff.

Will be cleaning windows with Stoner.

Whitethunder46
01-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey bro, this is what I plan on doing:

APC or APC+ on all interior cleaning including carpets. Then scrubbing with a hand brush and using the Rigid wet vac for cleaning the remains.
Also use Folex on heavy spot stains (works awesome)
303 protectant on all interior vinyl (more gloss) or DP interior protectant for a matte finish (depends on customer's request).
DG's leather conditioner for leather
DP's Krystal Vision glass for interior glass (supposedly works pretty well in direct sunlight since I'm going to be doing mobile detailing)
DG's oder removal

Also, as part as a "new car upgrade" to any package, I'm going to offer headlight cleaning, engine cleaning, and also upgrade the interior leather conditioner to Pinnacle's.

Jimmie
01-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Haven't used them all but used DP Total Interior Cleaner today and then topped with DP Protectant. Awesome, clean looking, matte finish. A little goes a long way too. Didn't know about 303 Protectant being more glossly so I'll probably order some of that. Whitethunder has a great idea I think. I'm also a big fan of Stoner Invsible Glass.

D
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM
For the carpet, I got the brush that you attatch to the PC. After using that I wouldnt use anything else. Ive already got Stoners, so thats what Ill be using on the windows. Ive also already got a bunch of 303. But what is DG, Duragloss?

I was reading on autopia and everyone seemed to like the 4* conditioner. Someone also said they think streaking on dark leather is caused by lanolin in the conditioner which the Duragloss stuff has in it, I dont know about the 4* stuff though.

Another benefit of the 4* over the Duragloss is I cant find the Duragloss in anything except 8 oz. bottles. But the 4* comes in 16 oz for only $10 or 64 oz for only $30.

I dont think Im going to have that many options as you. The majority of the customers wont care, or know the difference. Just want to keep it simple, yet get their car looking amazing.

Whitethunder46
01-01-2007, 05:14 PM
DG is duragloss. I've heard good things of their leather conditioner so I'm going to try that. I'm more so using this because it's very cost effective, as is all of DG's products.

DG's odor remover is supposed to be very very good.

EDIT: I also may be getting the PC attachments for the carpets. I plan on using the Mother's carpet hand brush for most of it since it'll be quicker. But for major stains that are large, I'll take the time to hook up the PC and attachment and use that.

D
01-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I just got my DP cleaner, man does this stuff smell good!

Jimmie
01-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah. After you posted I had to go smell mine. I'm going back.

D
01-04-2007, 03:27 PM
It smells like liquorice or something. I got the 4* leather conditioner and that smells pretty good too. Smells like brand new car leather.

Jimmie
01-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Maybe banana on steriods, but it's good, huh ?

ScottB
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I started using Poorboys Natural Shine more than the 303. It offers a slightly satin finish, and is cheaper to boot.

D
01-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I started using Poorboys Natural Shine more than the 303. It offers a slightly satin finish, and is cheaper to boot.

Ill have to look into that. Thanks.

ltoman
01-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey bro, this is what I plan on doing:

Also, as part as a "new car upgrade" to any package, I'm going to offer headlight cleaning, engine cleaning, and also upgrade the interior leather conditioner to Pinnacle's.

THAT is a cool idea a lot of people will like. Altho' I think older cars would be the ones in need of it more so, rather than new.Im the MAN

D
01-04-2007, 04:36 PM
I just got my wolf gang lens cleaning kit today. Ill use your idea and offer that separately. I also offer the engine bay detail separately.

turbos17
01-04-2007, 06:21 PM

But how does it last to 303?

Surfer
01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I just got some Opitmum Protectant Plus, I really like it, It's like an all in one, it cleans good, and conditions good and gets absorbed into trim/leather.vinyl etc. Some people don't like the way it smells, but honestly I was expecting much worse when I 1st used it, doens't smell that bad at all to me, just smells, well plainish I gues you could say. I liked using it first then Duragloss Leather dressing on leather, great combo on leather.