PDA

View Full Version : vomit in the interior... how much extra and what precations do i take?

ShineTimeDetail
04-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Ok I just got a call and a girl threw up in his car lol honestly im not sure I want to do it but i figure I will spray the affected area w enzyme cleaner and come back later to actually clean it. I know with out seeing it you can't quote it but if its real bad what would you charge. If its so, so what would you charge and what precautions do I need to take?

jpegs13
04-03-2011, 09:56 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/napalm_KILL_IT_KILL_IT_WITH_FIRE-s480x384-132463-580.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/30544)

ShineTimeDetail
04-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Ha!

TMD
04-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Be super careful cleaning any biohazard. We refer all calls we get on the matter to an outside company. Not worth the risks.

If you do tackle it, you'll need enzyme based products to kill whatever is in there. Disposal of the matter is also a bit dicey, as most local governments have a strict process. Keep in mind that a lot of diseases and viruses can live for a couple of weeks before their threat is over.

Good luck.

richy
04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
My daughter threw up in the back of my FX a while back. I had to remove the seat to get all the debris. Use a steamer if you can get one, if not, use an enzyme based cleaner like suggested. One very important follow up to that is liberally spray SoPure by CarPro and allow it to sit in the light for a few hours. That will kill any odor by killing the germs. It is a VERY powerful product and will be your best friend for bad odor control.

Kristopher1129
04-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't really mind vomit jobs. You can charge whatever you want, and they will pay it...cause they probably have no choice, ha.

I've gotten $50 for just a small contained area on the carpet. If it's all in the seats, crevices, carpet, door, etc. Then you could be anywhere from $100-$150 depending on the severity.

Flash Gordon
04-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't really mind vomit jobs. You can charge whatever you want, and they will pay it.

- The Price is Right clang and whoops

PAR Detailing
04-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I had a vomit call a while back... I told here no. I just cant do vomit and to top it off she was a quack. And to make it even better she didnt want to pay alot either.