PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider Ultima Trim Guard a "restorer'?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
04-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Or more of a trim protectant?

Harleyguy
04-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Or more of a trim protectant?I call it awesome Mark :xyxthumbs:

CEE DOG
04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I call it awesome Mark :xyxthumbs:

:iagree:

Yes, it is the best trim protectant you can find that also restores to a point.

For extra restoration another coat can be applied a few days or week down the line to darken it more.

The problem with products that restore severely faded trim to a darker level than UTTG is that they fade very quickly unlike UTTG. C4 looks to be the long term answer for severely faded trim.

sohail99
04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I'd call it more of a protectant

(I've used it on pretty nasty rubber trim and though it protects amazingly, a few scratches on the rubber trim still showed!)

Its an awesome all round product non the less! :xyxthumbs:

WEST SIDE
04-02-2011, 11:54 PM

For extra restoration another coat can be applied a few days or week down the line to darken it more.

The problem with products that restore severely faded trim to a darker level than UTTG is that they fade very quickly unlike UTTG. C4 looks to be the long term answer for severely faded trim.

I think CEE DOG said it all.I have been using UTTG on my wifes DD for the past year and before that PBTR and several others.The UTTG did bring the color back and does last the longest.

maximus20895
04-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Call me stupid, but I take it that a restorer is something that corrected faded trim and brings it back to life and a protectant protects the trim from and how ???

buddhadog
04-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Ive used it half a dozen times now so far ..and as far as restoring I would say no. Thats one reason why ive been dissapointed so far with it.

Matt
04-03-2011, 02:44 AM

I think Corey put it best when he said that. It will darken slightly, then let up on darkness after a few weeks but will still be darker than before. On my black trim, it's not as dark as when I applied it, but it's darker than if I hadn't applied anything over the same time. It's been about 1 and a half months now on the area I'm regarding.

Setec Astronomy
04-03-2011, 06:16 AM
C4 looks to be the long term answer for severely faded trim.

I got some of that GTechniq product from Hawaii recently and I'll be trying it when it gets a little warmer up here, but sad to say for the exclusive distributor, Opti-Coat 2.0 will likely do the same job. Possible that a bottle of C4 will go farther than the syringe of Opti-Coat.

davidc
04-03-2011, 07:55 AM
I have not tried UTG but I just restored the black step piece on the back of the wife's 05 Toyota Sienna. I tried Mothers Back to Black, 303, and peanut butter. The peanut butter and terry cloth brought the best results initially and I could see it removing the oxidation. I then tried oooo steel wool on another section that was not touched yet which removed the oxidized plastic and I hand buffed the 303 into the plastic with a terry cloth. The step trim now looks like the day the van was bought and still has the slight texture. The trick now is to keep it from oxidizing again in the Arizona sun. Unfortunately I did not take any before and after pic's, But the step was white when I started and is now black again.

Dave

pfix
04-03-2011, 08:06 AM
I would call it a trim restorer, just not permanent.

It "restored" the heavily faded GM factory accessory mud flaps on my 01 Silverado when PBTR had failed to do so after multiple coats. I would guess to say it lasted roughly 2 months on a vehicle that sits out 24 -7.

For me the protection factor was a bonus on this vehicle as my goal was to restore their appearance.

Bunky
04-03-2011, 08:10 AM
It does an excellent job at restoring the appearance.

Pats300zx
04-03-2011, 08:11 AM
It one of the best trim protectorants I have ever used. It last longer than anything else I have tried. I am not sure it is really marketed as a restorer.

ScottB
04-03-2011, 09:12 AM
It will darken trim a bit but not as much as trim dyes and restorers.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Protectant

Sent using Tapatalk