PDA

View Full Version : Hydro-pad Question

SATracker
04-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Attached is a couple of pictures of a hydro-pad I was using to detail a car. It seems as though the backing is coming off on the maroon hydro-pad. I like the pad and it isn't that old. I was my pads with the grit Guard Pad Washer, the pads are dried foam side down on an exceptionally soft piece of cloth, and then stored in a bin. The pad in the picture is maybe a year old; and while I can't say how many times it's been used, I'm a weekend detailer mainly with family cars. Has anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?

Flash Gordon
04-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Attached is a couple of pictures of a hydro-pad I was using to detail a car. It seems as though the backing is coming off on the maroon hydro-pad. I like the pad and it isn't that old. I was my pads with the grit Guard Pad Washer, the pads are dried foam side down on an exceptionally soft piece of cloth, and then stored in a bin. The pad in the picture is maybe a year old; and while I can't say how many times it's been used, I'm a weekend detailer mainly with family cars. Has anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?

Thet had a problem with the adhesive at one point. Contact the manufacture for an exchange

CEE DOG
04-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Also, they take a little more time to dry out. I always leave mine out for 3 days before putting away or using again. Don't use them again until they are dry.

Spicy McHaggis
04-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Also be sure to be careful when removing them from the backing plate. You can't just grab it by the foam and pull.

Perfections
04-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Something else to keep in mind, my guess is your using a GG da or something around that powerful, might of got the pad a bit to saturated slowing the pads rotation but the powerful machine continues to spin, slowly causing pad failure, I've tested those pads quite a bit and found that same problem occurred when the pad got over saturated with product but I still continued to use it, mixed with if your speeds are really high it speeds that process up

C. Charles Hahn
04-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Looks to me almost like the foam of the pad itself is breaking down around the edge, either from too much pressure or too big of a backing plate (possibly both).