PDA

View Full Version : Why zanio

Pages : [1] 2 3

mike matchlat
04-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I asked this question on the corvette forum .Why do it seem that zanio is the go to product for corvette owners.Alot of my friends have other cars and never even heard of it and there paint looks great. I my self just look at the stuff you pros use and usually like the results thanks for all the reveiws

BobbyG
04-02-2011, 03:09 PM
I asked this question on the corvette forum .Why do it seem that zanio is the go to product for corvette owners.Alot of my friends have other cars and never even heard of it and there paint looks great. I my self just look at the stuff you pros use and usually like the results thanks for all the reveiws

I'm a Corvette owner and don't own one Zanio product, never have, never will.

Forums like that tend to follow one or two brands of products. Keep in mind it's a Corvette Forum and finish maintenance is secondary.....not like here.

We are the car finish aficionados!! :props:

Perfections
04-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I used to have corvette owners ask for it all the time, the products are decent, but not the best, polish the paint right and you can use turtle wax and it will look good, like previously mentioned every forum has their go to products, my thing is just prep the paint correctly and then use whatever your heart desires

James K
04-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Because Corvette owners are followers, and mindlessly follow their flock.

Hehehehehehe.

BobbyG
04-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Hehehehehehe.

:awman: You must be one of them there Ford owners.....:laughing: :laughing:

tuscarora dave
04-02-2011, 03:27 PM

Hehehehehehe.
:haha::laughing::laughing::laughing::bolt:

James K
04-02-2011, 03:28 PM
:awman: You must be one of them there Ford owners.....:laughing: :laughing:

LOL. Almost a Ford and vette owner. Decided I did not need two toys. So simply a Ford and Toyota owner now. I do love Corvette's but like to push peoples buttons more.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm a Corvette owner and don't own one Zanio product, never have, never will.

Forums like that tend to follow one or two brands of products. Keep in mind it's a Corvette Forum and finish maintenance is secondary.....not like here.

We are the car finish aficionados!! :props:
You NAILED it, Bobby!

I'm a Corvette owner as well. I used Zaino one time, never will use it again. I MUCH prefer the variety of products AG sells.

5.4 Shelby
04-02-2011, 03:47 PM
polish the paint right and you can use turtle wax and it will look good
That is the key right there. Proper paint prep to begin with.

I have not used Zaino. My guess is that it fills the imperfection fairly well by the layering method they recommend. That gives a nice looking finish. The geeks prefer to remove the imperfections rather than hide them.

mike matchlat
04-02-2011, 03:52 PM
That is the key right there. Proper paint prep to begin with.

I have not used Zaino. My guess is that it fills the imperfection fairly well by the layering method they recommend. That gives a nice looking finish. The geeks prefer to remove the imperfections rather than hide them.

Thats the answers i knew i would get.You guys are the best If i learned one thing here prep prep prep

Mike Moore
04-02-2011, 03:53 PM
It's clear, shint & lasts a long time and it makes little tiny water beads.
I use Z-2 and I like it but right now it's not my first go-to product choice.

I use a lot of other products and like them too but Z-2 does have a place on my shelf.
I like Z-8 for car shows and really like applying it with the Zaino blonde cotton towels.

Sal Zaino makes good products but so does Max and there are lots of excellent product choices.
I'm putting my vehicle in a car show tomorrow so today it gets a warm coat of Pinnacle Souveran!
Sometimes I dress it in bright and shiny and sometimes it's the deep rich warmth of Souveran paste.

Z-2 is optically clear and does not have any fillers. If you use Z-2 and have not polished the paint...
The finished product will be sealed in very shiny swirls and scratches. Don't ask me how I know. (SIGH)

ExoticAutoDetai
04-02-2011, 04:06 PM
You NAILED it, Bobby!

I'm a Corvette owner as well. I used Zaino one time, never will use it again. I MUCH prefer the variety of products AG sells.

Why would you not use it again?

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

Setec Astronomy
04-02-2011, 04:14 PM
polish the paint right and you can use turtle wax

It's clear, shiny & lasts a long time and it makes little tiny water beads.

Zaino has great durability and beads like no other (except maybe fresh Collinite). Why so popular with Corvette owners? It doesn't hurt that Sal drives a 'Vette...I'm sure word gets around. 'Vette owners think they have the best sports car, so they want the best "wax". They (like most people who "detail" their car) have no idea about polishing or swirls. I was at a local car show a year or two ago and saw a guy wiping down his horrendously swirled 911 with Z-6...

seaho
04-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Now, now, no need to slam corvette owners. I have a couple( and FoMoCo, and Mopar), and don't use Zaino, and do polish/correct the defects in my paint. Some forums tend to favor certain product lines, or at least the most "vocal" members do. There are so many great products out there, as well as great cars. Every one has the the right to think that theirs is the best, and everyone else has been mislead, or is a fool.

C. Charles Hahn
04-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Why would you not use it again?

Because if he wants to use Zaino, he can just buy some Duragloss from AG for a lot less money :laughing: