PDA

View Full Version : polishing windows

Pages : [1] 2

jamores23
04-02-2011, 09:49 AM
what do you use to polish windows would any of menzerna product work? i want to know what pad/product you guys are using?? and another thing is what is a good fabric protector for interior upholstery ?

wildjyoung
04-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I use a LC white pad when I do windows and just use something with a light abrasive such as Megs 205. Menzerna would certainly work as well just is expensive for glass. After I remove the polish I typically apply Klauss AIO and then finish with Opti seal.

For interior I think the best thing is the 303 fabric protector. Just make sure you apply it in temperatures >80 degrees.

As always, this is just my opinion so experiment based upon the comments of others and select what you think will work best.

Belair
04-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I don't polish my windows; on a cloth interior Scotchguard works well.

Setec Astronomy
04-02-2011, 10:44 AM
You can polish your windows with any polish you use on paint. Sometimes a metal polish will work better on water spots, also Klasse AIO works well for that. Just don't expect to remove any defects from the glass without a dedicated product, pad, and rotary.

tuscarora dave
04-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I use Poorboy's Polish with Sealant to polish windows with an orange pad. It makes short work of removing mineral deposits. Scotch Guard Auto.

UCD
04-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I use Auto Glym Glass Polish with an orange pad on a PC (speed 5-6). Also I don't use paint polishes, i.e., M205 and sealants for glass b/c they contain oils that can smear and impair your vision when it rains. So I use dedicated glass products such as Aquapel on windsheild and Rain-X on the sides and AG Glass Polish.
Interior - 303 Fabric Guard lasts longer than Scotch Guard. When I say "lasts longer" I'm talking about quantity. Aerosol doesn't last long.

CEE DOG
04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
I just recently started using an old Cyan Hydro Tech pad with M105 to remove water spots from glass. Works Great! Thanks Tad!!

BobbyG
04-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I've used DP Series High Performance Glass Restorer with my Porter Cable 7424 on a White pad. This really cleans the glass up nicely and leaves it crystal clear. Once this step is complete I apply a nice even coating of Aquapel glass treatment according to the manufactures instructions....

DP Series High Performance Glass Restorer

DP High Performance Glass Restorer removes etched water spots from auto glass and restores perfect clarity. Apply with a polisher or applicator for (http://www.autogeek.net/dp515.html)

Aquapel Glass Treatment

Aquapel Glass Treatment, Rain Repellent, glass sealant, windshield protectant, Aqua-pel glass wipe (http://www.autogeek.net/rain-repellent.html)

john b
04-02-2011, 02:59 PM
try the duragloss glass polish-excelent price

TMD
04-02-2011, 03:11 PM
+1 for what Upper-Class said, avoid products with any oils in them. A good claying followed with some Stoners is always a no-fail.

Perfections
04-02-2011, 03:28 PM
The griots glass pads and griots polish works great, just dust quite a bit due to the chemicals used, just polish the window before you wash the car :)

Rsurfer
04-02-2011, 06:51 PM
try the duragloss glass polish-excelent price
Duragloss Nu Glass

cmichael258
04-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I just used DP Glass Restorer with a white pad followed by Aquapel and all I can say is
WOW.

I used the original formula of the Glass Restorer and you can get 3 16 oz. bottles for $19.99 through AG's BOGO page, while supplies last.

Original DP Car Care Products (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-bogo.html)

:buffing:

Rod73
12-11-2014, 11:00 PM
I am curious if there would be any issues polishing water spots with tinted windows?

RobertJ34
12-11-2014, 11:08 PM
I am curious if there would be any issues polishing water spots with tinted windows?

Not to sound rude or anything..

But shouldn't the tint be on the inside while the water spots are on the outside of the glass?

if so...polish away