PDA

View Full Version : Folex, what all can it be used on?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tuscarora dave
04-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi everyone, I have read over the years where a lot of detailers use Folex with fantastic results on carpets. I have a Subaru to do a full interior detail on tomorrow. I just bought a bottle of Folex to try out on this car. This Subie has fabric seats and a headliner that seems to be made of a microfiber material similar to what is found on microfiber recliners (almost a suede like material). Do any of you guys/gals that use Folex have any experience using it on fabric seats and headliners?

ScottB
04-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Ive always stuck to automobile carpeting ... bet it has other uses however.

Wendell Jarvis
04-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Dave, I have used Folex on fabric...works great...I know you probably already know this but, do a test spot....just dont saturate the fabric....but it is safe and affective,so far it has not discolored the fabric.....

tuscarora dave
04-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Ive always stuck to automobile carpeting ... bet it has other uses however.
Thanks

Dave, I have used Folex on fabric...works great...I know you probably already know this but, do a test spot....just dont saturate the fabric....but it is safe and affective,so far it has not discolored the fabric.....
Thanks Wendell, I figured as much but you never know. I always like to solicit other detailer's input before trying anything new to me.

MDetail
04-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Here are my results with Folex.
before
http://www.schotography.com/photos/albums/uploads/Auto%20Detailing/Detail_DCinterior/normal_DCinterior0005.jpg
http://www.schotography.com/photos/albums/uploads/Auto%20Detailing/Detail_DCinterior/normal_DCinterior0003.jpg

after
http://www.schotography.com/photos/albums/uploads/Auto%20Detailing/Detail_DCinterior/normal_DCinterior0001.jpg
http://www.schotography.com/photos/albums/uploads/Auto%20Detailing/Detail_DCinterior/normal_DCinterior0018.jpg

Perfections
04-02-2011, 10:08 AM
I haven't found anything for the price that beats folex, I use on any fabric, meaning seats, carpets, headliners, and doors with fabric inserts :)

tuscarora dave
04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Here are my results with Folex.
before
Thanks, that's pretty much all I need to see. Nice results.

I haven't found anything for the price that beats folex, I use on any fabric, meaning seats, carpets, headliners, and doors with fabric inserts :)
Thanks Perfections, I'll post my first impressions of it in this thread tomorrow night after the job is finished.

embolism
04-02-2011, 11:36 AM
I've used it to spot clean my headliner. Sprayed it generously on a terry towel then rubbed in one direction.

worked so well and quickly that I did the entire liner. Took out dirt I didn't even see was there... the towel was gross afterwards

suprachica79
04-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I have folex as well but I am not getting the results that it sounds like everyone else is getting. What is everyone's procedure when using this? Do any of you just use a shop vac or not even a vacuum at all? I have a bissell LGM but only want to bring it out when absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance folks

TMD
04-02-2011, 03:24 PM
We've used Folex for years. It's effectiveness coupled with the price...we don't even look, or shop for another cleaner.

As far as use goes, we will spot treat soiled areas with Folex before shampooing and extracting. As someone posted before, it works very well on headliners if applied to a towel and then wiped on.

dougaross
04-02-2011, 04:06 PM
I just used Folex for the first time on my light colored living room rug where my dog likes to camp. After months of stains I was totally impressed with how easy and effective it was at removing those stains and making the rug look like new.

suprachica79
04-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Doug, did you just spray aggitate and blot with an MF? Use a vacuum? I know everyone says they get tremendous results, but it would help if others could hear how it was used and in what process to get those results

nitro78
04-02-2011, 07:13 PM
i spray on the stain then agitate with a carpet brush then proceed to blot with a microfiber. after that I use a extractor with plain warm water to rinse. works wonders every time.

tuscarora dave
04-02-2011, 07:25 PM
i spray on the stain then agitate with a carpet brush then proceed to blot with a microfiber. after that I use a extractor with plain warm water to rinse. works wonders every time.
Thanks to all who replied. Do you think that rinsing is necessary and have you used folex without extracting to rinse? Will Folex leave the carpet stiff if not rinsed with water afterward.

Perfections
04-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks to all who replied. Do you think that rinsing is necessary and have you used folex without extracting to rinse? Will Folex leave the carpet stiff if not rinsed with water afterward.

I've done it both ways rinsed and not, after a couple days it didn't matter either way, and didn't leave the carpet stiff without rinsing it completely out, although it's not the best practice to not rinse chemicals completely out of fabric