PDA

View Full Version : New User Needs Help

duck_commander
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Hello all... I've been reading this forum for over a year now, and have purchased many products from this website. I am looking for some feedback on what i bought and how i plan on using it, any advice would be helpful.

I have a 6 month old Ford F-150 Tuxedo Black Metalic Screw pickup. It has light swirls in the paint. Before winter plastered us on the east coast I:
1. washed
2. applied Malco Plum Crazy hand glaze
3. applied DG 105 TPP
4. applied collinite 845
5. topped with DG Aqua wax

This combo has last all winter and is still beading, however now that spring time has rolled around and when i had the truck in for an oil change the dealer washed my truck and i can see the swirls again. I would like to get a new coating of products on my truck before the anoying spring pollen and harsh summer sun starts baking my truck.

Soooo, i am planning on doing the following and just want some feedback from you guys to see if i'm doing everything right.

1. wash with microfiber mit and grit guard.
2. clay
3. Megs UQD as a wipe down.
4. apply DG pre cleaner #652
5. apply DG bonding agent #601
6. apply DG TPP #105
7. apply Collinite 845
8. final wipe with DG AW #951

I have also puchased the 'polishin pal' combo pack from this site which came with 2 orange, 2 white, and 2 red pads which attach to the polishin pal. Which color pads should i use for each product?

i will also be using the 951 once per month after washing. My truck sits outside 24/7 and is only driven on the weekends in summer, hunting in winter, and to work when it snows really bad. If my truck has sat all week in the summer and it has a coating of dust i plan on using Megs UQD to remove dust and bird poo...

Do my plans seem 'ok' to all of you?

Thanks in advance!