PDA

View Full Version : Polishes and waxes that don't dry white?

05RLS2
04-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Could you all reccomend me any kind of waxes or sleanats that do no leave a white residue behind? Since I own darker vehicles, little tiny rck chips invisible to the eye just seem to get covered and filled by typical carnuba based waxes that I have used, and end up being amplified and stand out looking white. Is there any kind of non abrasive polishes, pant cleaners, and waxes available that do not dry white? I know that there is Ultima Paint Guard Plus, but is there anything else out there?

Dr Oldz
04-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Try max wax, pinnacle souveran, Pinnacle signature series II, fuzion. They are all wipe on wipe off (WOWO) and do no leave a chalky residue.

Mike Moore
04-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Megs Ultimate Wax Liquid comes to mind.

Have you looked at Dr. Color Chip?

Setec Astronomy
04-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Just so you understand why this is--most OTC products have some sort of cleaner in them, even if they are not strictly "cleaner" products. That's because the target market is not the kind of detailophile as would frequent a forum like this, and the mfr. wants to make sure that the product will adhere to a not-perfectly-prepared surface, so they include some cleaning agents in them...which usually stain trim and fill chips.

In addition to the WOWA class of sealants that you mentioned (UPGP, Optimum Opti-Seal and Zaino Z-CS), most of the pure waxes (some already mentioned) will not stain. Certainly waxes like Collinite 845 and 476S, P21S, Natty's are good. The spray products like OCW and AW shouldn't cause you a problem either, and sealants like Zaino or Duragloss should be fine...I'm drawing a blank on some other sealants to suggest...must be time for coffee!

BobbyG
04-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Just so you understand why this is--most OTC products have some sort of cleaner in them, even if they are not strictly "cleaner" products. That's because the target market is not the kind of detailophile as would frequent a forum like this, and the mfr. wants to make sure that the product will adhere to a not-perfectly-prepared surface, so they include some cleaning agents in them...which usually stain trim and fill chips.

In addition to the WOWA class of sealants that you mentioned (UPGP, Optimum Opti-Seal and Zaino Z-CS), most of the pure waxes (some already mentioned) will not stain. Certainly waxes like Collinite 845 and 476S, P21S, Natty's are good. The spray products like OCW and AW shouldn't cause you a problem either, and sealants like Zaino or Duragloss should be fine...I'm drawing a blank on some other sealants to suggest...must be time for coffee!

BINGO!! :props:

Harleyguy
04-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Look into Poor Boys Natty Blue or Red for wax .

Mike Phillips
04-01-2011, 07:14 AM
While wax companies use pretty much all terms for everything and anything, in the true sense of the words, polishes and waxes are very different.

A polish would be either a product used to abrade paint and remove defects or refine the finish to a higher level of finish quality or in the case of a non-abrasive polish, it would be used to add gloss, richness of color, clarity and even to mask fine swirls or revitalize old, dead, oxidized single stage paints.

A wax is something applied to seal the surface to protect the paint from attack from anything that "touches" it and/or to add beauty. Sealants and Coatings also fall into the "Protection Category".

:)

05RLS2
04-02-2011, 11:50 PM

That makes perfect sense now since I have been using Meguiars liquid carnuba on front sections. I got into the habit thinking that a carnuba will release bugs and dirt easier when washing and quick detailing, but it's probably just my imagination anyways. I do have some 845 and I am going to start using that from now on, as I am sure it does just as good if not better and releasing bugs and retaining protection.

I guess I can also contibute this to also using Poorboys Carnuba Blue Polish as a pre LSP cleaner. I am sure this stuff does a lot of flling too. Are there any pre LSP cleaners out there that remove grime and other stuff from the surface that normal washing can't, without filling and leaving chalky stuff behind?

sal329
04-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Iocoat Naviwax, Bilt Hamber Finis wax, Victoria wax, Souveran, SSII

Setec Astronomy
04-03-2011, 04:47 PM
I guess I can also contibute this to also using Poorboys Carnuba Blue Polish as a pre LSP cleaner. I am sure this stuff does a lot of flling too. Are there any pre LSP cleaners out there that remove grime and other stuff from the surface that normal washing can't, without filling and leaving chalky stuff behind?

Ok...if you used a regular polish, and you got residue in your paint chips, you could do a post-polish wash to clean them out, but the PwC is an AIO which is resistant to washing, so you're in trouble from the get-go.

I presume you're working by hand? That makes things a little more interesting, but the Optimum polishes tend to be very low residue/dusting (at least the older versions I have).

Where are you located, BTW?

Old Tiger
04-03-2011, 07:15 PM
That makes perfect sense now since I have been using Meguiars liquid carnuba on front sections. I got into the habit thinking that a carnuba will release bugs and dirt easier when washing and quick detailing, but it's probably just my imagination anyways. I do have some 845 and I am going to start using that from now on, as I am sure it does just as good if not better and releasing bugs and retaining protection.

Try Griots Paint Prep.

05RLS2
04-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Ok...if you used a regular polish, and you got residue in your paint chips, you could do a post-polish wash to clean them out, but the PwC is an AIO which is resistant to washing, so you're in trouble from the get-go.

I presume you're working by hand? That makes things a little more interesting, but the Optimum polishes tend to be very low residue/dusting (at least the older versions I have).

Where are you located, BTW?
What is PwC?

Yes working by hand.

I am in TN

Try Griots Paint Prep.
I'll take a look at it. Griots has a few other things that I have been wanting to try lately

MaximumMD
04-10-2011, 03:15 PM
P21S Concourse wax is great!! Easy on easy off not a long hazing time and looks great. Best part is DOESN'T DRY WHITE!!! I love this stuff! P21s Wax, P21s concours carnauba wax, p21s carnauba wax, carnauba wax, car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/p2concarwax.html)

05RLS2
05-09-2011, 11:08 PM
I was wanting to bring this back up again, since I was wondering if there are any other pre wax pant cleaners available that are non filling on don't dry chalky white. I looked at the Griots Paint Prep, but it seems to be nothing more than a citrus based APC kind of product. Anything else out there?