PDA

View Full Version : Got an awesome deal on an interesting compressor today!

Pages : [1] 2

Kristopher1129
03-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey guys. Today, I was at my local wholesale store. This place always has pretty much a little bit of everything. Every now and then...I come across some crazy deals.

So, while I was there...I figured I'd look at their air compressors just for the hell of it. Well, I came across this air compressor...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/1NNF3_AS01.JPG (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/30468)

This thing caught my attention big time! Because, if you notice...it's literally two in one. It has a mini compressor, that fills the bigger tank behind it...and the two are detachable. So it can be portable...and one can be stationary. The whole unit together is on wheels anyways. But, there's one easily detachable hose that runs to the bigger tank, one bolt, and two pins, and boom...your portable and leave the big tank behind. Pretty cool.

I've never seen this before. BUT...here's the kicker. It was missing an air filter (which is really cheap). So I got it for $200, and the guy even threw in a bottle of oil for free. I knew right off the bat this was a good deal. When I got home...I did some research, and this unit sells for around $370!!! I save myself $170, and about $3 in oil. Scooooooore! haha :dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

C. Charles Hahn
03-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Interesting looking unit... what size(s) are the air tanks, and what kind of output does the compressor have (CFM/PSI)?

Kristopher1129
03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Interesting looking unit... what size(s) are the air tanks, and what kind of output does the compressor have (CFM/PSI)?

Bottom tank is 3 gallons. Big tank is 17. CFM 3.7

Max psi is 125

Bates Detailing
03-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Hey guys. Today, I was at my local wholesale store. This place always has pretty much a little bit of everything. Every now and then...I come across some crazy deals.

So, while I was there...I figured I'd look at their air compressors just for the hell of it. Well, I came across this air compressor...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/1NNF3_AS01.JPG (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/30468)

This thing caught my attention big time! Because, if you notice...it's literally two in one. It has a mini compressor, that fills the bigger tank behind it...and the two are detachable. So it can be portable...and one can be stationary. The whole unit together is on wheels anyways. But, there's one easily detachable hose that runs to the bigger tank, one bolt, and two pins, and boom...your portable and leave the big tank behind. Pretty cool.

I've never seen this before. BUT...here's the kicker. It was missing an air filter (which is really cheap). So I got it for $200, and the guy even threw in a bottle of oil for free. I knew right off the bat this was a good deal. When I got home...I did some research, and this unit sells for around $370!!! I save myself $170, and about $3 in oil. Scooooooore! haha :dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

Good stuff man congrats!

I went by a local store like that about a week ago and saw a crazy amount of stuff I could use but I wasn't sure about the quality - - - - so I passed , for now. May go back soon and drop some money and stock up :dblthumb2:

Kristopher1129
03-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Good stuff man congrats!

I went by a local store like that about a week ago and saw a crazy amount of stuff I could use but I wasn't sure about the quality - - - - so I passed , for now. May go back soon and drop some money and stock up :dblthumb2:

I hear that. I'm typically the same way when it comes to those types of places. But this place picks up name brands every now and then. Plus, this compressors quality was visibly much higher than the others. I think they just ended up with it because of the air filter thing.

I also bought a Black & Decker drill. They usually sell for about $80, but they ended up with some cause the boxes were damaged. Picked it up for $30. I can't even begin to tell you how handy it is having this store a mile down the road, ha.

ShineTimeDetail
03-31-2011, 11:34 PM
U sure its only 3.7 cfm? That's not much.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-01-2011, 02:08 AM
3.7 CFM? That's pretty weak! ;)

Kristopher1129
04-01-2011, 08:57 AM
That's what I saw on some website was 3.7 at 125 psi. I'm only using it for the Tornador and an air gun to blow out between seats and stuff. That's pretty much gonna be it's only use. I'm no CFM expert...but that's what I saw.

SeaJay's
04-01-2011, 09:05 AM
$200 isn't bad for that. Especially if it does what you need it to do.

I need to eventually pick up a quality air compressor. But I can get by with out it, so won't be picking one up any time soon.

mdb917
04-01-2011, 09:07 AM
3.7 CFM will be fine for what you say you'll be using it for. If you were pushing car paint, a nail gun or something of that nature then that would not be enough.

Looks like to me you scored a nice compressor (or 2 of them) that will do exactly what you need them to do. :props:

A4 1.8tqm
04-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Nice score, I'd have bought that in a second if I came across that deal!

Porsche Pilot
04-01-2011, 01:53 PM
What is the name of the store Kris? I am hunting one of those.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Kristopher1129
04-01-2011, 03:23 PM
What is the name of the store Kris? I am hunting one of those.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

The store is R&R Public Wholesale. There was a sticker on it that said "Last One - Missing air filter". Which might explain the price. I just got really lucky. :dblthumb2:

I did a bunch of stuff to the inside of my van which I'm about to go post in the thread where I keep my progress up to date. The thread is "Mobile van still in progress". I did quite a bit today, so I'm gonna go post some pics and get some feedback or suggestions before I push further.

Kristopher1129
04-01-2011, 03:26 PM
3.7 CFM will be fine for what you say you'll be using it for. If you were pushing car paint, a nail gun or something of that nature then that would not be enough.

Looks like to me you scored a nice compressor (or 2 of them) that will do exactly what you need them to do. :props:

I definitely scored a nice one here. I got it in the van today, and gave it a good test run with the Tornador. Whatever the CFM is...it definitely does more than enough for what I need it for. This compressor is really cool.

If I want more air, more frequently...I can hook right in to the top of it and just use the top tank. It seems to monitor each tank separately...which I really like. Cause if you hook into the small one, it will constantly keep the little one at the psi you want, and feed itself from the big tank. So it takes a while before it kicks on again cause the little tank has backup. I like it! Winning!:dblthumb2:

guccigucci
04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
That's what I saw on some website was 3.7 at 125 psi. I'm only using it for the Tornador and an air gun to blow out between seats and stuff. That's pretty much gonna be it's only use. I'm no CFM expert...but that's what I saw.

If it just using for the torando gun 100psi is enough and a smaller air compressor is ok for the job, but good buy:xyxthumbs: