PDA

View Full Version : Just got a pretty cool call

Bates Detailing
03-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Well - just got a call from a client telling me that they need someone to help them maybe once or twice a month applying gel coats to boats and RVs - May be a great opportunity to learn more about the chemical process involved?!?!?! The ins and outs of gel coats. Thought this was pretty cool.

Flash Gordon
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Well - just got a call from a client telling me that they need someone to help them maybe once or twice a month applying gel coats to boats and RVs - May be a great opportunity to learn more about the chemical process involved?!?!?! The ins and outs of gel coats. Thought this was pretty cool.

Very cool. Let us know how it turns out

Bates Detailing
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Very cool. Let us know how it turns out

Definitely

Flash Gordon
03-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Definitely

I had a jackass t-bone my car last month. I went and talked to the guy thats paints all my customers custom cars to ask for help. He told me he was slammed, but if I would come help him for a couple days we would fix mine too :)

Well, everything turned out great untill he asked me to go Google something for him in his office. Some kinda Malware popped up on his computer, and silly me clicked on it thinking I was helping. Turns out I smoked his computer. I asked if he wanted me to come back and help somemore, and he said, no thanks, we're even :o

Lasthope05
03-31-2011, 09:09 PM

Thats cool. Are you going to be repairing cracks/chips/small holes in the hulls or body? Its a great experience doing it. I dabbled in some gel coat repairs and the basics of it all is really easy. The hardest part is making the custom colors to match it properly.

DLaw
03-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Well, everything turned out great untill he asked me to go Google something for him in his office. Some kinda Malware popped up on his computer, and silly me clicked on it thinking I was helping. Turns out I smoked his computer. I asked if he wanted me to come back and help somemore, and he said, no thanks, we're even :o[/QUOTE]

Oops :eek:

Flash Gordon
03-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Well, everything turned out great untill he asked me to go Google something for him in his office. Some kinda Malware popped up on his computer, and silly me clicked on it thinking I was helping. Turns out I smoked his computer. I asked if he wanted me to come back and help somemore, and he said, no thanks, we're even :o

Oops :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yea, I know :bash:

C. Charles Hahn
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Now I understand why you had to ask your wife's permission to install Flash player last weekend :laughing:

ALLN1WASH
03-31-2011, 09:49 PM
That's awesome man, ironically, I just made the same phone call yesterday. A good friend of mine owns two boats and is going to be doing the gel coat this weekend. Soo, I'll be at his house every chance I have, just trying to learn as much as I can.... Heck that's all we can do, right?????