PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Clean vs. old formula No Rinse

builthatch
03-31-2011, 04:25 PM
as some of us know, they smell identical! the redesigned No Rinse smells much different and is designed to be more potent, but i'm curious if anyone is using No Rinse as a waterless wash in a dilution that mimics Opti-Clean? i almost feel like the VERY rich quick detailer dilution of No Rinse is just like Opti-Clean, if not stronger. Dr G would definitely have the best answer for this but i'm curious what everyone thinks/does.

Chris Thomas
03-31-2011, 04:28 PM
It is a completely different formula, but same fragrance as the original ONR. Opti Clean is made to work will much less water that No Rinse is and still remain safe and streak free. Using more No Rinse will not accomplish this, but just waste your No rinse...more is not always better.

builthatch
03-31-2011, 04:42 PM
It is a completely different formula, but same fragrance as the original ONR. Opti Clean is made to work will much less water that No Rinse is and still remain safe and streak free. Using more No Rinse will not accomplish this, but just waste your No rinse...more is not always better.

thanks Chris. i figured as much, but why is the recommended ONR QD dilution so much higher than the ONR wash dilution if having more No Rinse concentrate is fruitless? 8oz per gallon vs. 5.-1 oz per gallon is significant!

Shawn T.
03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
thanks Chris. i figured as much, but why is the recommended ONR QD dilution so much higher than the ONR wash dilution if having more No Rinse concentrate is fruitless? 8oz per gallon vs. 5.-1 oz per gallon is significant!

I have always wondered the same thing.........................

Rsurfer
03-31-2011, 05:08 PM
Again, less water is used with a QD thus more lubrication is needed.

Chris Thomas
03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Qd is a secondary function of ONR and is merely for dusting and light grime, but you can actually wash a car with Opti Clean. I just washed a 2011 Mercedes G 550 with two weeks of grime, black, and not garaged this week and a 2011 black Escalade Platinum with Opti Clean with no marring. I trust it because it is it's primary function and it works very well. ONR at QD is merely sufficient and doesn't compare to Instant Detailer as a QD and in the same regard doesn't compare to Opti Clean as a waterless wash.

I would also encourage you to get OC to try as an interior cleaner and on glass and see what you think. I dilute it 4:1 and add an ounce of alcohol to a 32oz bottle for interiors.

I didn't address your dilution point because you are diluting two different concentrations of two different products so it's not relevant.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

builthatch
03-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Qd is a secondary function of ONR and is merely for dusting and light grime, but you can actually wash a car with Opti Clean. I just washed a 2011 Mercedes G 550 with two weeks of grime, black, and not garaged this week and a 2011 black Escalade Platinum with Opti Clean with no marring. I trust it because it is it's primary function and it works very well. ONR at QD is merely sufficient and doesn't compare to Instant Detailer as a QD and in the same regard doesn't compare to Opti Clean as a waterless wash.

I would also encourage you to get OC to try as an interior cleaner and on glass and see what you think. I dilute it 4:1 and add an ounce of alcohol to a 32oz bottle for interiors.

I didn't address your dilution point because you are diluting two different concentrations of two different products so it's not relevant.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

thanks Chris! all makes sense.

oh, with my dilution question, i was asking about JUST ONR because you were talking about less is more and adding more ONR to a given wash solution is fruitless, but the QD dilution reco for ONR is 8oz per gallon, which is 8-16x the concentration of QD ONR dilution! but it's cool; i understand what you said prior to that so that basically addresses that.

thanks again.