PDA

View Full Version : Sun wax for HS European Clears

STEVON
03-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Have a question,

There are literally hundreds of products and techniques to wax and protect your car and thousands of opinions with maybe 1% scientific backing for the opinions and recommendations. With such a huge range of information and mostly disinformation or pure personal preference I find it not helpful in choosing the right, scientifically correct paint protection products and application methods.
I have a restored 1995 NSX 3 stage painted. The top coat is European Pro Spray PCS 9100-5 overall, high solids clear. The car has been wet sanded with 1500 grit and buffed with fast cut 3m Extra Cut Compound, Perfect it 3000 and foam pad. Next glazed with Krystal Koat Ultra Glaze 330 followed by Krystal Koat Finishing Kreme 319-1602. These are old tried and true products and methods for me. Confused by conflicting opinions "don't use Carnauba on urethane paint" and "Its OK to use carnauba on urethane"
My car is in extremely sunny San Diego. Looking to prevent ultra violet along with bird droppings and city pollution damage . When the quick wax washes off you see lots of swirl marks in the clear. Painted the car my self (have tools and skills) 2 years ago and I would like to start over, maybe 2000 grit sand and go from there.
What is a scientifically backed good solution that fits my situation? what products and technique is right for me? Looking for water like finish.
Thanks,

Stephen

Mike Phillips
03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi Stephen,

Since this was your first post,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

The newest protection products to be introduced in the car care appearance world are coatings instead of waxes and paint sealants, maybe look into one of these?

3-Categories: Waxes, Paint Sealants and Coatings (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/34185-3-categories-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings.html)

Very cool car, we have an NSX that will be on one of the episodes on our new TV show that debuts this Sunday at 11:30am Eastern Time on Fox Sports Network.

:)

STEVON
04-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome. the NSX was built from two wrecks, I have about 12k into the car after I sold some extra parts. Guess a Definitive answer is out of the question. So I have to spend a few weeks to figure this out? Can't someone save me a little time and pain and throw me their professional opinion?

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Since this was your first post,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

The newest protection products to be introduced in the car care appearance world are coatings instead of waxes and paint sealants, maybe look into one of these?

3-Categories: Waxes, Paint Sealants and Coatings (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/34185-3-categories-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings.html)

Very cool car, we have an NSX that will be on one of the episodes on our new TV show that debuts this Sunday at 11:30am Eastern Time on Fox Sports Network.

:)