PDA

View Full Version : Diamondite Liquid Plastic Armour?

05RLS2
03-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I am thinking about trying this to use on my headlights for added protection. I have tired using different sealants and waxes on my lights, but it seems that the protection is only there for a few weeks. I guess that the heat from the lights reduce the durability. For those that have used the Diamondite Plastic Armour, what are your thoughts on it, is there another product out there that works better at protecting headlight lenses? How is the durability of it?

ScottB
03-31-2011, 10:27 AM
I think the newer coating products are likely best for headlamps after being repaired. Diamonite is nice but will need to be reapplied more often.

05RLS2
04-01-2011, 12:38 AM
I think the newer coating products are likely best for headlamps after being repaired. Diamonite is nice but will need to be reapplied more often.
What are some of the newer product available that are better suited for this kind of use? Basically I am just looking for something that will protect headlights that are in good shape from yellowing and give them UV protection. Conventional waxes just don't seem to show much protection for long