PDA

View Full Version : menzerna sip, po106fa, po85rd

jamores23
03-30-2011, 01:37 PM
can these menzerna products be used with a DA?

BobbyG
03-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes. Most if not all the Menzerna polishes can be used with a dual action polisher.

Last weekend I used Menzerna Super Intensive Polish and Menzerna Super Finish with my Flex 3401 to do a car last weekend and they worked very well....:props:

dbbrooks
03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes. Most if not all the Menzerna polishes can be used with a dual action polisher.

Last weekend I used Menzerna Super Intensive Polish and Menzerna Super Finish with my Flex 3401 to do a car last weekend and they worked very well....:props:

What pads did you use? I've been thinking of trying these on my car? Think they're the best? What number on the finish glaze?

BobbyG
03-30-2011, 03:38 PM
What pads did you use? I've been thinking of trying these on my car? Think they're the best? What number on the finish glaze?

I really like Menzerna products. They give me a bit more control over cut aggressiveness and gloss. Menzerna PO85RD is the finest polish I'm aware of with the ability to correct 3000 grit sanding marks leaving a mirror finish behind.

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish - I used a Lake Country Orange pad to start and then switched to a White pad to finish. While Menzerna Super Intensive Polish isn't the lines most aggressive it has a fairly good cut to it so when used with an Orange pad it possesses good correction ability.

Menzerna Super Finish - I used a Lake Country Gray pad. This cuts quite a bit less and when used with a gray pad I can really make the finish super glossy. You can start with a White pad and finish with a gray or blue if desired.

Menzerna Finishing Glaze - Use a Blue or Red pad when applying this product

dbbrooks
03-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I really like Menzerna products. They give me a bit more control over cut aggressiveness and gloss. Menzerna PO85RD is the finest polish I'm aware of with the ability to correct 3000 grit sanding marks leaving a mirror finish behind.

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish - I used a Lake Country Orange pad to start and then switched to a White pad to finish. While Menzerna Super Intensive Polish isn't the lines most aggressive it has a fairly good cut to it so when used with an Orange pad it possesses good correction ability.

Menzerna Super Finish - I used a Lake Country Gray pad. This cuts quite a bit less and when used with a gray pad I can really make the finish super glossy. You can start with a White pad and finish with a gray or blue if desired.

Menzerna Finishing Glaze - Use a Blue or Red pad when applying this product

So, just to be sure I'm getting this right. PO83Q, then PO85RD, then APO-60? Reason I ask is they have the PO106FA which they call the super finish. I have no experience with these products so I really appreciate the info.

BobbyG
03-30-2011, 04:25 PM
So, just to be sure I'm getting this right. PO83Q, then PO85RD, then APO-60? Reason I ask is they have the PO106FA which they call the super finish. I have no experience with these products so I really appreciate the info.

No problem at all, I'm glad to help when I can! :props:

I should have listed the product numbers along with the name to make identifying them easier.

Here's a handy chart that shows the product name, number, and recommended pads..

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/MenzernaProducts-1.jpg

Pay particular attention to the cut and gloss ratings. These allow you to fine tune your plan of attack.

Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA is a great product with light to moderate correction properties but leaves a high gloss when finished.

Menzerna APO60 is what I'd call Menzerna's one-step product. This cleans and removes slight oxidation applying a finish protection at the same time. I would put this in the same category as Klasse All-In-One or Meguiar's D151.

Porsche Pilot
03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Great advice Bobby. I picked up some SIP and Super Finish at DF. I have a dark blue Murano scheduled for Monday and I look forward to trying this stuff out. Thanks!

rwright
03-30-2011, 05:33 PM
A couple birdies at Detail Fest informed me that PO85RD and 106FA are nearly identical...things that make you go hmm....

Porsche Pilot
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
The little birds were noisy that day...I didnt buy the 85 because of what they were whispering. Hmmmm indeed.

jpegs13
03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
A couple birdies at Detail Fest informed me that PO85RD and 106FA are nearly identical...things that make you go hmm....

I use the same process as Bobby. The only difference is on the Lambo I use the 106FA because it's specifically designed for ceramic clear coats. On my other cars I use the PO85RD

Bobby knows his stuff :dblthumb2:

ScottB
03-30-2011, 05:47 PM
yes .. the are DA compatible.

pwcheenie
03-30-2011, 06:25 PM
No problem at all, I'm glad to help when I can! :props:

I should have listed the product numbers along with the name to make identifying them easier.

Here's a handy chart that shows the product name, number, and recommended pads..

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/MenzernaProducts-1.jpg

Pay particular attention to the cut and gloss ratings. These allow you to fine tune your plan of attack.

Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA is a great product with light to moderate correction properties but leaves a high gloss when finished.

Menzerna APO60 is what I'd call Menzerna's one-step product. This cleans and removes slight oxidation applying a finish protection at the same time. I would put this in the same category as Klasse All-In-One or Meguiar's D151.
I have a question about Menzerna PO85RD3.02. I have been using Menz 203S to clean up the paint on a 2008 dark blue Ford Truck. This was suppose to be an all in one product.
Used a green pad and a orange pad with Porter cable. The paint has rids in it that are not coming out. I need something more aggresive. Is PO85RD3.02 a good choice?

BobbyG
03-31-2011, 11:50 AM
I have a question about Menzerna PO85RD3.02. I have been using Menz 203S to clean up the paint on a 2008 dark blue Ford Truck. This was suppose to be an all in one product.
Used a green pad and a orange pad with Porter cable. The paint has rids in it that are not coming out. I need something more aggressive. Is PO85RD3.02 a good choice?

RIDS

Random Isolated Deeper Scratches. These type of scratches come from normal wear & tear and are deeper scratches that show up after the shallow scratches have first been removed through a machine or hand buffing process, usually with a compound or paint cleaner.

Depending on the depth of these scratches the only way to remove or "minimize" them is feathering with fine sandpaper. In my opinion, if not completely removed, this technique tend to blend the defect so it's no where near as noticeable.

No, PO85RD wouldn't be a good choice for removing RIDS.

Menzerna PO85RD Polish is a very fine finishing polish normally used to bring the gloss up to the highest level. This will be ineffective in removing the defects you mention above.

Menzerna Power Finish P203

To the best of my knowledge Menzerna Power Finish P203 isn't an all in one product but rather a polish with some good correction capability. If you look at the chart I posted it's cut is 3.5 and gloss factor is 3.8.

The only Menzerna product that I'd consider an all-in-one is APO-60

There are more aggressive products available but Power Finish P203 is no slouch. You may have to spend some additional time with your Orange pad. Adjust the speed setting between 5 and 6 and work a 2 X 2 area.

Other products

Two more aggressive products

Menzerna Power Gloss POS34A
Meguiar's M105

ThirdgenTa
03-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread but I tried this according to the chart. I'm brand new to polishing so it could be something I am doing or maybe normal. It seemed like it came out hazy and when I tried to wipe it off it also seemed greasy. I used a white pad for power finish and then a grey pad for superfinish.
Here is a not so good quality picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ThirdenTa/2011-03-31113204.jpg

jpegs13
03-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread but I tried this according to the chart. I'm brand new to polishing so it could be something I am doing or maybe normal. It seemed like it came out hazy and when I tried to wipe it off it also seemed greasy. I used a white pad for power finish and then a grey pad for superfinish.
Here is a not so good quality picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ThirdenTa/2011-03-31113204.jpg

Yes the residue will appear greasy as it should. You wipe off the residue with a quality microfiber towel and some IPA .