PDA

View Full Version : New Guy On The Block

garydh2000
12-31-2006, 04:39 PM
First of all, this is a very cool site. I have been reading posts for several weeks and just recently registered as garydh2000. I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I have learned so much about detailing reading all of the posts.

I have always been into keepng my rides clean and shining. Here in Pennsylvania, clean and shining is a real challenge this time of year with all of the road salt used to keep the snow melted on our roads. Fortunately, it has been mild this winter. In fact I have spent the last couple of days detailing our three vehicles with temps in the upper 50's.

I have made one purchase thus far from autogeek and that is a can of Pinnacle Sig Series II. I used it today on my red/gray 1996 ISUZU Rodeo. It went on so nice and smelled great and is very easy to work with.

I have been contemplating starting a p/t business detailing on weekends. What is the best way to get information on the pricing of detailing services? Also, what would be a good start-up kit for me to begin this venture? Do most customers want the detailer to be insured?

I appreciate all of your knowledge and insight.

Gary

Jimmie
12-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Welcome Gary. I'm anxious to see the answers to your questions.

ScottB
12-31-2006, 06:29 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/poorboysworld.html

very user friendly kit, one with and one without a buffer. Just add soap and a guzzler for drying. Start doing friends, family, and neighbors cars and then move into bigger projects.

Keep the Sig Series II for yourself, endulgance in a jar !!

abrcrombe
12-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Practice as much as possible. Check other detailers locally and find out their prices. One area may charge 20 bucks for a wash and another 80. Don't get ripped off because you weren't aware. Welcome!!

ltoman
12-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Welcome!
You will really like the people here and the AG staff as well.
Happy New Year too!
Lauren

supercharged
12-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Welcome to AG online!

sparkie
01-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Welcome!