PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Michigan

Pages : [1] 2

Godspeed
03-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Mike and have been into this "hobby" for about 20 years now. My dad got me hooked when I was 15. He taught me how to use a wheel on his black '69 Vette before he had it restored. I will never forget him standing over me yelling in my ear "dont burn the paint"! I practiced on that car for 2 weeks straight, every night with the old man until I got it right. Good thing it was going to paint, because the front right fender that I first started on needed it bad! Lmao... One of the fondest memories I have with my dad.

Anyways, I have been using a wheel ever since then up until 3 years ago when I blew my back out. I finally went out and bought the Griots DA polisher last month because I can't work with the wheel anymore, my back won't let me.

I love this forum! Glad I found it. There seem to be a lot of selfless people here willing to share experience to help out newcomers, minus the attitude I have seen on some of the other forums. Looking forward to learning and helping out others as I can.

Mike..

MI Mike
03-30-2011, 11:40 AM
:welcome: !!!!.

BobbyG
03-30-2011, 11:42 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Mike!

Lot's of great information here as well as some of the finest detailing products available today..:props:

Meghan
03-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the forum!

TheCougarGuy
03-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Welcome aboard Mike! Where are you in Michigan? I'm in Livonia just outside of Detroit.

Godspeed
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Hey CougarGuy, I am in St.Clair Shores. I used to date a girl from Livonia.

Nice to meet ya.:xyxthumbs:

C. Charles Hahn
03-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Welcome Godspeed, greetings from Lansing! :xyxthumbs:

feslope
03-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey CougarGuy, I am in St.Clair Shores. I used to date a girl from Livonia.

Nice to meet ya.:xyxthumbs:I live in Warren. Ten Mile & Dequindre

Flash Gordon
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome from Memphis

GO BLUE!!!

dad07
03-30-2011, 06:45 PM
:welcome:

jlb85
03-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey Michiganders! Hello from Rochester :D I knew Charlie was in Lansing, but never knew there were so many members in SouthEast MI.

BTW, Cars and Coffee is this Saturday morning in Sterling Heights, you guys should check it out. Lots of very nice cars show up. Look it up in Facebook, or PM me if you want more details.

Godspeed
03-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Wow, lots of guys in the local area. :dblthumb2:

Maybe if we can get enough together Mike Phillips could pay us a visit. Lol
:righton:

ObsessiveAutoDetail
03-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Hello from Ferndale!

Mike Phillips
03-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

I've added your name and nickname to the Roll Call List

Roll Call - What's your real first name? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/33701-roll-call-what-s-your-real-first-name.html)

I love this forum! Glad I found it. There seem to be a lot of selfless people here willing to share experience to help out newcomers, minus the attitude I have seen on some of the other forums.

We like to run a family friendly forum here because it creates the best learning environment and a sense of commonality. No one needs a hard time on a forum so we try to make sure you don't get one here...

Looking forward to learning and helping out others as I can.

Mike..

Great attitude!

:xyxthumbs:

sterling09
03-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Hello from Woodhaven and welcome aboard.