PDA

View Full Version : what to use?

nissanztech
03-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I have a 2010 370z, what i would like to know is, what can i use to have my car feel and look like the day i first got it. The surface of the paint feels like sand paper.. i want have that glass like really smooth feeling and look (like new). What are really good product names to use to get that. The only thing i own is a random orbital, not one of those high powered buffers.. is there a way i can get that showroom feel and like, without using a high powered buffer, because Im not sure how to use one of those..... After all that, what are good brand names to use to maintain this (like-new) mirror, glass, paint?

Flash Gordon
03-29-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a 2010 370z, what i would like to know is, what can i use to have my car feel and look like the day i first got it. The surface of the paint feels like sand paper.. i want have that glass like really smooth feeling and look (like new). What are really good product names to use to get that. The only thing i own is a random orbital, not one of those high powered buffers.. is there a way i can get that showroom feel and like, without using a high powered buffer, because Im not sure how to use one of those..... After all that, what are good brand names to use to maintain this (like-new) mirror, glass, paint?

Sounds like a good clay barring is in store

What pads and products do you currentally have and what kind of orbital buffer is it that you have

The 370 is an awesome ride BTW :dblthumb2:

AeroCleanse
03-29-2011, 08:11 PM
For sure you need to use a clay bar.

CharlieU
03-30-2011, 06:41 AM
If you want something quick and easy, start out with a clay bar on the rough areas. Mothers, Meguiars or Clay Magic kits are easy to find in local stores. Follow that up with a cleaner wax. It can be applied by hand. (I think some of the clay kits include a small bottle with them.)

To keep your car that way, wash it once a week and after you dry it, use some detailer spray to give it that extra shine. After three months, you will need to use the cleaner wax again, but check your paint to see if there are any rough spots that you might want to clay again.

nissanztech
04-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Thank you guys for ur help, im at work right now, but when i get home ill b able to go over this more thanks again:xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Thank you guys for ur help, im at work right now, but when i get home ill b able to go over this more thanks again:xyxthumbs:

:postpics:

:D

James K
04-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Iron X would also be a good product to add to the list. Then an all in one product like pinnacle xmt 360 or a good paint cleaner like pinnacle paint cleansing lotion will help maintain a good finish and can be applied by hand.

What polisher do you have?

James K
04-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Furthermore a good wash regimen using good technigues, such as the two bucket method, will help maintain a nice finish.

nissanztech
04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
i own a Rockford random orbital, and i use a mircofiber bonnet.. what do u guys think is like one of the best waxes to use?

ScottB
04-05-2011, 07:01 PM
clay first ... then polish

for protection use Menzena Powerlock, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, or Four Star UPP