PDA

View Full Version : OptiCoat/OptiGuard installers in CT

Pages : [1] 2

chris11le
03-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Are there any OptiCoat (now OptiGuard?) installers in the Connecticut area?

Im having a heckuva time correcting the apparently very soft paint on my malbec Black Infiniti G, so Im about to throw in the microfiber and take it to a pro.

Since it seems so soft Id prefer some coating that will last a while be installed on it once the correction is done, so Id need someone that can correct the paint and then OptiCoat it

Any suggested places to go?

Thanks.

-Chris

SeaJay's
03-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Chris is close to the New York border. Are there any detailers around the CT border that may be willing to lend a hand? I've offered him my services if no one is closer. He's roughly 2 and half hours south of me, so it would take some planning to get him taken care of.

SeaJay's
03-30-2011, 10:16 AM
:bump2:

Setec Astronomy
03-30-2011, 10:20 AM
How close is he to Phil in Norwood, NJ? Or for that matter, Street Dreams is the same area.

SeaJay's
03-30-2011, 10:23 AM
How close is he to Phil in Norwood, NJ? Or for that matter, Street Dreams is the same area.

Good call! He's about an hour and half from them!

Chris I'd give one of them a call. They will treat you well and I know Phil does great work. Not sure if I've seen Street Dreams or not.

Setec Astronomy
03-30-2011, 10:28 AM
He goes by dsms on the forums, this was his last thread here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/30781-my-flex-pe-14-2-video-review.html

Not sure if he does Opti-Coat/Guard, but I'm pretty sure Phil does.

SeaJay's
03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
He goes by dsms on the forums, this was his last thread here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/30781-my-flex-pe-14-2-video-review.html

Not sure if he does Opti-Coat/Guard, but I'm pretty sure Phil does.

Oh alright then I do know him and his work is great.

Thanks Setec for the suggestion. I completely forgot about the guys in NJ. :props:

Setec Astronomy
03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Oh alright then I do know him and his work is great.

Thanks Setec for the suggestion. I completely forgot about the guys in NJ. :props:

Hey, I feel bad for talking you out of the work...but both of those guys should be top-notch.

PAR Detailing
03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Good call! He's about an hour and half from them!

Chris I'd give one of them a call. They will treat you well and I know Phil does great work. Not sure if I've seen Street Dreams or not.

David (streetdreams) does great work. I haven't seen in person but he posts on another forum I'm on and it's second to none

Setec Astronomy
03-30-2011, 10:35 AM
David (streetdreams) does great work. I haven't seen in person but he posts on another forum I'm on and it's second to none

Yeah, he's like the new Todd He...never mind.

sullysdetailing
03-30-2011, 10:55 AM

Have to agree every right up he does is top notch and people love him on Team Speed and L4P

SeaJay's
03-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Hey, I feel bad for talking you out of the work...but both of those guys should be top-notch.

LOL don't feel bad. Like I said he was 2 and half hours away from me. So if there was someone closer, that's fine. Beside both those guys are top notch like you said (not that I don't do great work, but they have both been at this longer than I have).

chris11le
04-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Sorry about resurrecting a "dead" thread but I just wanted to say thanks for all the replies.

I found someone to work on the car....they dont (currently) provide OptiCoat services, but once I pointed out what my goals for the car were, they said they are going to take a look at using it.

The real issue with my car was apparently a whole bunch of oils from....something....smearing across the car. What I thought was micromarring was actually oil smear. An APC wash/degrease cleaned it up, and the detailer did his thing on the paint. Looks a LOT better now, except for some swirls that are still there (Im talking to him about this right now).

I will start another thread about how to maintain the apparently ultra-soft finish, but thanks again for all of the suggestions. If the guy I used doesnt want to do the OptiCoat thing, I will start looking into the suggestions from this thread.

SeaJay's
04-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Sorry about resurrecting a "dead" thread but I just wanted to say thanks for all the replies.

I found someone to work on the car....they dont (currently) provide OptiCoat services, but once I pointed out what my goals for the car were, they said they are going to take a look at using it.

The real issue with my car was apparently a whole bunch of oils from....something....smearing across the car. What I thought was micromarring was actually oil smear. An APC wash/degrease cleaned it up, and the detailer did his thing on the paint. Looks a LOT better now, except for some swirls that are still there (Im talking to him about this right now).

I will start another thread about how to maintain the apparently ultra-soft finish, but thanks again for all of the suggestions. If the guy I used doesnt want to do the OptiCoat thing, I will start looking into the suggestions from this thread.

Great! Glad you were able to find someone locally that could do the work for you.

Mpjohnny5
05-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Have a new car that I want to get Opt-Coated, are there any detailers in CT that do this?