PDA

View Full Version : So I just tried Hydro-tech pad on a black EVO..

cobraa
03-28-2011, 04:35 PM
.. I'm pretty impress !!!

Wool pad Powergloss
Cyan with Intensive polish
Tangerine with Final polish II ( VERY IMPRESS BY THIS COMBO)

This is not a full review so I felt it didn,t belong in the review section but here's my impression:

Durability, some said they last not as long as normal CCS or other flat pad. I agree and disagree at the same time. My Tangerine held up fine,I'm sure I could do 3-4 car with it just like I do with regular CCS.

However, my Cyan is pretty DEAD... Maybe, I could use it as a one-step on a ''cheaper'' combo but I wouldn't use it again for a high quality detail. Maybe it's because of the cutting of the polish? I dunno but I wasn't too impress.

Performance ;

I didn't really like how the CYAN responded on the paint.. because of the Hydro-tech it doesn't absorb as much polish but once it's absorbed, there's no way in hell you can get it down beside washing it out with DP pad cleaner. ( but when I'm doing a job, I don't have time to waste washing pad). So what happened is that after 1/2 done on the car, the pad was ''full'' and the polisher started giving hit ( what's the term for this by the way? ) I couldn't really control the polisher, it's like the pad was sticking to the paint so to avoid this, I had to put more polish to have a better gliding.. so it defeat the purpose of using less product... and I can't really say it's more agressive than a orange pad and I didn't really feel it finished better.

However the tangerine pad was awsome!!! Cut more than white so with final polish II I was able to remove more damage I ever did while still finishing to a perfect finish!! I'm in love with that combo.

Bottom Line : I already bought the 1-step combo, so instead of ordering normal 6'5 pad, I think I will buy hydro-tech 1-step because anyways the cyan flat doesn't seem to hold more than 1 car so I'm better getting the rounded version made for the 1-step.

I think the orange CCS is still as good as tthe cyan and I will keep buying both. but for the tangerine.. BYE BYE White CCS. I'M sticking to tangerine from now on.