PDA

View Full Version : Mike Phillips & Yancy Martinez

Pages : [1] 2

Dwayne
03-28-2011, 12:15 PM
For those of you that participated in the marathon detailing classes during Detail Fest or watched via the live feed, you know that Mike and Yancy had an exhausting schedule this past weekend.

They are both enjoying a well deserved day off so if you are trying to contact them they will be back in the office on Tuesday.

Thanks to both of them for doing a spectacular job!

Audi X2
03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
For those of you that participated in the marathon detailing classes during Detail Fest or watched via the live feed, you know that Mike and Yancy had an exhausting schedule this past weekend.

They are both enjoying a well deserved day off so if you are trying to contact them they will be back in the office on Tuesday.

Those two worked non-stop and got to see very little of the outdoor activities.

Many thanks for all of the hard work from both of you. I think everyone truly appreciates how much it adds to the quality of the show :xyxthumbs:

dad07
03-28-2011, 12:48 PM
:iagree: Thanks to both for thier hard work! I enjoyed watching online!

C. Charles Hahn
03-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Absolutely agreed... I don't think either of them managed to catch much of a break all weekend (at least not that I saw), and they did a fabulous job with the classes and making sure everything ran smoothly.

ShaunD
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Good for them! I was wondering if the staff that worked non-stop during DF would get some comp-time. AG always looks out for us and their own.:)
I see Dwayne is working today. He must not have worked non-stop during DF.;) JK Dwayne. I know everyone busted hump this weekend as they always do @ AG. Wish I could have been there with everyone. Maybe next year. Thanks for keeping the AGO members in touch with everything that went on @ DF. Was almost like being there with the live feed.:)

jd56
03-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Guys you dont know how upset I am I couldnt make the detail fest, I had planed to take all the clases, My Buddy rick hasen't stop talking about all the contacts he made, and the cool products he seen, I will be using these forum much , much more thanks JD custom Detail.

Mike Phillips
03-29-2011, 04:41 PM

Thanks for the plug Dwayne... :xyxthumbs:

I think I speak for both Yancy and myself when I say Saturday and Sunday at DetailFest are both long and hard but two of the most rewarding days of the year.

It was great meeting so many people from the forum world and the real world as well as having Joe Fernandez and Renny Doyle on hand to help out with classes on both days.

As we take inventory of all the results and feedback from this year's DetailFest it will prepare us to come back with an even better show next year.

Also, after the last class each day I was able to fit in filming 4 rigs for TV including segments for the Lokar Car TV Show (http://www.masterstv.com/LokarCarShowtv.html) and a DetailFest Special to be announced.

2 of the people and cars we shot for TV were,

Corey aka CEE DOG and his Saturn Sky
Adam aka Harleyguy and his pristine black Corvette

Cory being interviewed for his segment on TV
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1045/CoryandMike.jpg

Adam being interviewed for his segment on TV
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1045/adamandmike.jpg

As we find out when these TV segments will air will post an announcement to the forum.

Ahh.... it's good to have a day off to rest and recharge your batteries... but it's also good to be back to work and get caught-up...

:xyxthumbs:

DLB
03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I remember seeing a pic of Yancy in one of the threads where he is watching the camera feed, monitoring the message board thread for Q&A, and holding onto the camera mount for filming. Truly a talented guy whose talent doesn't go un-appreciated.

Oh, and that Mike guy was pretty good in those classes too. :D

DLB

Mike Phillips
03-29-2011, 05:25 PM
We would also like to say thank you to Laura who accepted the job as "Class Photographer" as she took all the pictures from the 7 classes we held here at DetailFest as well as taking many of the other photos of the action taking place outside the classroom you see in any of the company threads...

Here's a picture taken by Cory aka CEE DOG

Richard, Virgina, Laura, Mike

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1045/Lauratheclassphotographer.jpg

Thank you for all your hard work and excellent photography skills Laura!

:dblthumb2:

Bates Detailing
03-29-2011, 06:02 PM
I bet that was an exhausting weekend for you guys! Looks like it was a success though, congrats and hopefully next year I can make it...... heard crickets in the forum over the weekend lol!

Flash Gordon
03-29-2011, 07:30 PM
I bet that was an exhausting weekend for you guys! Looks like it was a success though, congrats and hopefully next year I can make it...... heard crickets in the forum over the weekend lol!

Hey Anthony, if we are both still around here next year, how about we trailblaze down there together :cheers:

Bates Detailing
03-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey Anthony, if we are both still around here next year, how about we trailblaze down there together :cheers:

Absolutely man - or maybe I could get Porsch Pilot aka Art of Shine to fly us down :props:.

Flash Gordon
03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Absolutely man - or maybe I could get Porsch Pilot aka Art of Shine to fly us down :props:.

No doubt. I just saw where Shane said it took 14 hoiurs from Knoxvile :eek:

Bates Detailing
03-29-2011, 08:03 PM
No doubt. I just saw where Shane said it took 14 hoiurs from Knoxvile :eek:

Well Ive seen your music tastes, so I think we could make it :dblthumb2:

Flash Gordon
03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Well Ive seen your music tastes, so I think we could make it :dblthumb2:

This will get us 6 minutes down the road Im the MAN

- Robert Plant - Big Log

Oh yea, Mike and Yancy....both the very best at what they do...

Yancy >>> :Picture:

Mike >>> :buffing: