PDA

View Full Version : After 2 weeks of rain finally got a chance to wash the car

mattkrmp80
03-28-2011, 10:59 AM
It always seems after heavy rain storms my car always has these specs of crud behind the front and rear wheels under the rear bumper and under the front doors on the painted plastic trim. It seems like I can gently get them off with my finger nail but I refrain from using this method. I try a couple of passes with QD and even Optimum Opti Clean but no luck. I have Optimum Power Clean diluted 3:1 but can I use this on painted plastic and will it work or should I use some clay? I have some sonus SFX ultra fine clay..

It is extremely fustrating when you are all done washing and then you feels these specs when drying and they dont seem to want to come off :doh:

ShaunD
03-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Just try claying with some good lubrication. Did you use a MF when trying to remove the specks with OPC? A damp MF and OPC may get the majority off and then claying will be easier and won't waste as much of it.

mattkrmp80
03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Just try claying with some good lubrication. Did you use a MF when trying to remove the specks with OPC? A damp MF and OPC may get the majority off and then claying will be easier and won't waste as much of it.

I have not tried OPT Power Clean yet just wanted to make sure it was safe to use on painted plastic trim. Thanks

cobalt9123
03-28-2011, 11:40 AM
How about Tarminator?

mattkrmp80
03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
How about Tarminator?

Is Terminator too stong for painted trim?

G37
03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
I would use a small piece of the Sonus fine clay with plenty of the Sonus Glyde lube that is recommended by Sonus for that clay and that should remove the crud.