PDA

View Full Version : Monthly maintenance prices, etc

Pages : [1] 2

Exess100
03-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been going over my pricing and was wondering what some of you charge for a monthly maintenance contract and what you include and how often during the month?

Also feel free to chime in with other rates for:

Exterior wash only-

Exterior wash- n-wax only-

Interior only (quickie)-

Interior only (full)-

Thanks for your feed back
Jimmy

jamores23
03-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I've been going over my pricing and was wondering what some of you charge for a monthly maintenance contract and what you include and how often during the month? monthly contracts is def something im interested in looking forward to hear other peoples pricing on this.

Exterior wash only- $35

Exterior wash- n-wax only-$65 but with clay bar $99

Interior only (quickie)- not sure about a quickie i would prob say $25 just a quick vac and wipedown

Interior only (full)- shampoo carpets clean condition leather, clean protect dash, vac thoroughly, compress air to get nooks and crannies, $99

Mike McDonald
03-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Was just about to ask this question, a friend asked if I did this. Subscribing to get some responses.

ShaunD
03-28-2011, 11:20 AM
My question is how do you get someone to commit to a monthly maintenance plan? Too many people feel like it is OK to just detail/wash their vehicle once a year if that. It's hard to educate some people on the importance of these things. I just keep trying to warn them about resale on a neglected vehicle.:dunno:

silverfox
03-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Its been my experience that unless you are re-selling the car yourself (private sale)...the dealers for the most part go by how many miles you have on the car...NOT how well it looks or was maintained when its time to trade...so that whole "resale" sermon...I don't most people will buy into that...just my 2 cents.

cobalt9123
03-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Its been my experience that unless you are re-selling the car yourself (private sale)...the dealers for the most part go by how many miles you have on the car...NOT how well it looks or was maintained when its time to trade...so that whole "resale" sermon...I don't most people will buy into that...just my 2 cents.

Dealers will rip you off on a trade-in regardless.

Flash Gordon
03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Alot has to depend on your demographics

I've been going over my pricing and was wondering what some of you charge for a monthly maintenance contract and what you include and how often during the month? monthly contracts is def something im interested in looking forward to hear other peoples pricing on this.

Exterior wash only- $35

Exterior wash- n-wax only-$65 but with clay bar $99

Interior only (quickie)- not sure about a quickie i would prob say $25 just a quick vac and wipedown

Interior only (full)- shampoo carpets clean condition leather, clean protect dash, vac thoroughly, compress air to get nooks and crannies, $99

I like this response :props:

Exess100
03-28-2011, 09:00 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of private clients. Forget the dealers, although they are good for "busy work".

Say for instance, you just detailed a car and your client is more than pleased with the out come and your work. You took the time to explain how to care for the car. Then, you hit em with "i can maintain it for you".

Lets say your basic wash and vacuum is $30 and you would include a wax once a month. Aanndd lets say the contract will be from April - October. How would you quote a maintenance package?

There, hows that for a scenario. lol

Flash Gordon
03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of private clients. Forget the dealers, although they are good for "busy work".

Say for instance, you just detailed a car and your client is more than pleased with the out come and your work. You took the time to explain how to care for the car. Then, you hit em with "i can maintain it for you".

Lets say your basic wash and vacuum is $30 and you would include a wax once a month. Aanndd lets say the contract will be from April - October. How would you quote a maintenance package?

Are you located in the Mississippi Delta or San Francisco CA :help:

Again, demographics will have alot to do with this IMO

Crazy Amos
03-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Give a 10-15% discount on the month.

4 washes x's 4 weeks $30 a wash, $120 a month for washing + the clay and wax (+$45) so a total of $165. Now subtract your 10% for a totL of $148.50.

Monthly $148.50 - 4 washes and one clay and wax.

Multiply that by six and you have your amount. That is how I am going to do it once I take it to this level.

Exess100
03-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Are you located in the Mississippi Delta or San Francisco CA :help:

Again, demographics will have alot to do with this IMO

Flash, I agree totally. I just put this out here to get different ideas about this. I'm on Long Island NY. It's tough here. No one wants to part wit there money. lol

Give a 10-15% discount on the month.

4 washes x's 4 weeks $30 a wash, $120 a month for washing + the clay and wax (+$45) so a total of $165. Now subtract your 10% for a totL of $148.50.

Monthly $148.50 - 4 washes and one clay and wax.

Multiply that by six and you have your amount. That is how I am going to do it once I take it to this level.

Hey Troy, Great answer! Thats not a bad idea. Thanks for the feedback.:dblthumb2:

Flash Gordon
03-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Flash, I agree totally. I just put this out here to get different ideas about this. I'm on Long Island NY. It's tough here. No one wants to part wit there money. lol

Nothing worse the dealing with someone that you know is loaded and they try to nickel and dime the poor detail guy :rolleyes:

Theres a special place in Hell for these folks...lol

Executive Detail
03-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't bring up the term "contract." People may tend to shy away. I would say something more along the lines of "pre-paid packages." Explain what it would consist of and for how long (1 month, 3 months, etc).

I say this because it's something I've considered doing with my regular clients...just haven't put much more thought into doing it though.

Crazy Amos
03-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Nothing worse the dealing with someone that you know is loaded and they try to nickel and dime the poor detail guy :rolleyes:

Theres a special place in Hell for these folks...lol

Hahaha!

Crazy Amos
03-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't bring up the term "contract." People may tend to shy away. I would say something more along the lines of "pre-paid packages." Explain what it would consist of and for how long (1 month, 3 months, etc).

I say this because it's something I've considered doing with my regular clients...just haven't put much more thought into doing it though.

Good advice.