PDA

View Full Version : Im booked 2 weeks out and its raining cats and dogs...

Pages : [1] 2

Garry Dean
03-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah, the rain is supposed to be here all week... Depressing...

dad07
03-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Raining here too Garry and a posiblity of freezing rain, Yuck! Got 1in the shop and 3 waiting and can't do anything still the rain stops I feel your pain!

Garry Dean
03-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Raining here too Garry and a posiblity of freezing rain, Yuck! Got 1in the shop and 3 waiting and can't do anything still the rain stops I feel your pain!

Yuck! Thats some nasty weather!

HeavyMetal
03-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Try PA. Up here it's still freaking freezing - the "high" will be 45 today. I'm getting sick of this crap.

Garry Dean
03-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Try PA. Up here it's still freaking freezing - the "high" will be 45 today. I'm getting sick of this crap.

I guess it could be worse than just rain...

PA DETAILER
03-28-2011, 09:52 AM

for sure. i dont think spring is ever coming! COLD IN PA!!

master detailer
03-28-2011, 11:18 AM
try looking to get a shop to work in I got mine in dec and was the best thing ever.

DetailedByPrecision
03-28-2011, 02:06 PM
finally s.f cali is warming up after two weeks or more of rain. today is 60's and by the end of the week will be 70's. hurray!

sullysdetailing
03-28-2011, 03:09 PM
It rained for an 2 hours here today suppose to be soony the rest of the week. Well see how that goes being its Florida lol

Executive Detail
03-28-2011, 03:32 PM

I had one job this morning ONLY because they had a garage. Like you though, I'm booked the next 2 weeks and it looks like this week won't be too productive.

Kristopher1129
03-28-2011, 03:44 PM
This is the type of stuff I'm not looking forward to with my mobile unit. I'm not used to weather really being an issue with my shop.

What do you guys do when your booked two weeks out, then you can't work one day. Do you just reschedule the customer to the end of the line 2 weeks out? Or do you move everybody up a day?

rott3np3anut
03-28-2011, 03:53 PM

Our high in northern Indiana today is 38 :(. And over this past weekend it got around 15 at night. Thankfully the forecast says it'll be getting gradually warmer this week!

fancyfootwork
03-28-2011, 03:58 PM
This is the type of stuff I'm not looking forward to with my mobile unit. I'm not used to weather really being an issue with my shop.

What do you guys do when your booked two weeks out, then you can't work one day. Do you just reschedule the customer to the end of the line 2 weeks out? Or do you move everybody up a day?

Good question. Feed back please

Executive Detail
03-28-2011, 04:03 PM

For me it depends on the job. If it's wash/vac jobs, I try to fit them into the rest of the week. If it's full-detail/paint correction jobs, I'll reschedule for the next available day or sooner if someone else cancels. If it's weather related they usually understand being busy the rest of the week. I have a lot of regular clients as it is. So moving everyone up a day would start to get confusing.

Garry Dean
03-28-2011, 04:07 PM

I do my best to fit them in somewhere (it usually works out even if I have to work later than usual.) I will also upgrade whatever they asked me to do to their vehicle for having to wait.