PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Detail Fest Thank you

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Harleyguy
03-27-2011, 06:26 PM
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Max and all his great employees that spend countless days and hours to put together a two day weekend that was unreal . This is my 3 third detail fest and each year it gets bigger and better . It was great meeting some of the forum members
Saturday at the hotel we had a great and meet that lasted well past the 1.30 AM mark tons of pictures and plenty of laughs by anyone that was there .

Personal shout out to Corey ( Cee-Dog ) great weekend bro sorry that there was 2 judges there that had no business judging a show like that . I spend at least two weekends a month entering my car in shows that have anywhere from 100 to 500 cars you deserved first place and in my eyes your car was unreal . Please continue doing your awesome reviews and how much you contribute to all the forums you belong to .

:dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblth umb2:

Barry Theal
03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Adam your a terrific man. It was an honor to meet you. I had a great time at both dinners and and Saturday at detail fest. That vette looked awesome! Thanks again!

Barry

Porsche Pilot
03-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I echo Harley's sentiments. To be able to sit around a fire pit with Renny, Joe, Jim and many others, and pick their brains was damn near magical. And yes, a special shout out to the AG staff!! Dwayne, your customer service skills and care are beyond compare.

Harleyguy
03-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Adam your a terrific man. It was an honor to meet you. I had a great time at both dinners and and Saturday at detail fest. That vette looked awesome! Thanks again!

BarryBarry it was great to finally meet you ,You are one class act and anytime you liked to come down to South Florida again for a visit it would be my honor to have you stay here and let me show you around and give you a good reason to move south . I also want to give a shout out too Pat another great guy to hang out with and have some great laughs .

Shane731
03-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Was just thinking about this a little bit ago. To everybody I met (and I forget who all I met thanks to a poorly insulated skull :rolleyes:) - it was very cool meeting everybody and putting names to faces. Corey - I echo Adam's sentiments - you should have won. If it makes you feel any better, you're a winner in my eyes. Skybaby was immaculate. You're one of the coolest people I know, and I'm not just saying that. Rock on, Skybaby! Rock on! :dblthumb2:

http://www.nassaulibrary.org/GoldCoast/first-place-blue-ribbon.gif

Audi X2
03-27-2011, 06:49 PM
I echo all of the statements above and can't overstate how incredible all of the Autogeek staff is.

Max your team is seond to none!

I think the thing that really made this an awesome experience is how genuine and gracious everyone we met was. To be able to meet so many from the forum and put a name with a face will make for lasting memories. Plus to have the opportunity to meet so many new peple was just the icing on the cake.

There are so many genuinely nice and giving people in this community and I am glad to be a part of it.

Pats300zx
03-27-2011, 07:08 PM
This was my second Detail Fest and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I really don't think that people truly understand what the AG staff goes through in putting this event together. The end result is a true testament to their hard work and devotion.

It was great to finally meet people that I have chatted with and gotten to know over the years. Adam, David F, Barry, Corey, Nick, Al, Bob, Richie, Meghan, Mike P, Dwayne, and the entire AG staff.

Thanks for an awesome weekend...Im the MANIm the MANIm the MAN

Dwayne
03-27-2011, 07:12 PM
What a fun weekend! Was great to see so many forum members CieraSL and his dad, Cee Dog, Harleyguy, Bunky, David Fermani, Barry Theal, Pats300ZX, Detail Dave, Premium, Porsche Pilot Audi X2 , Freekin Kleen, Killrwheels and quite a few more.

gmreed
03-27-2011, 07:19 PM
I agree with everything said above. This was my first detail fest, but it will not be my last, I can assure you of that.

Met a lot of really cool people and learned a lot of new techniques and reinforced some of the ones that I knew.

Thank to Max for putting this event on and to the entire Auto Geek staff and forum members that made this very memorable.

Harleyguy
03-27-2011, 07:19 PM
What a fun weekend! Was great to see so many forum members CieraSL and his dad, Cee Dog, Harleyguy, Bunky, David Fermani, Barry Theal, Pats300ZX, Detail Dave, Premium, Porsche Pilot Audi X2 , Freekin Kleen, Killrwheels and quite a few more.Dwayne Thanks for everything :props: Hope you enjoyed the treats my wife made for everyone anytime you want some more shoot a PM :hungry:
You Megan , Nick , Jason , Bobby , should get a first place trophy for customer service :dblthumb2:

CEE DOG
03-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Adam, Richard, Virginia, Al, Detail Dave, Pat, Robert, Mike P, David F, Bill, Shane, Barry as well as a bunch of other great guys (sorry, I'm exhausted) Hanging out with you guys was an honor and a pleasure. Thanks so much!!!

To those of you I've known and been friends with awhile now it was just great to hang out with you guys again! I really enjoyed all the conversions and those of you I just met it was really great to meet the people behind the posts. I had some great conversations with a few of you as well and I really got a great feel for the class acts that you guys are.

Special thanks to Mike P, Dwayne, and the entire AG staff for working hard to provide this wonderful weekend for all of us.

Adam, congratulations on winning a trophy 2 years in a row now! The vette looked incredible buddy! thank you so much for the cookies, b bread and everything else. You are a class act buddy! By the way, thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it and I'm thankful to have you as a friend.

Dave and Robert, your work on that truck was top notch and deserved a trophy no question!

Al, thanks for all the great conversation buddy! I enjoyed getting to know you better.

Richard, good luck and safety on your upcoming endeavor. My prayers are with both you and Virginia. I only wish I had had a chance to hang out with you two a little longer. Your a great guy and your wife is very cool!

Mike, doing the video was very cool! Good to see you again too.

Pat, I could tell very quickly your a very cool guy and it was a foot time meeting you.

Shane, I kept wanting to see that beautiful car of yours and kept missing my opportunity to have you show it to me. My apologies. I had a few of our friends who had seen it tell me how incredible it looked. They were very impressed and said you had it in perfect condition.

David F, a pleasure to meet you and coolest question I heard was the one you asked me. "What are you not happy with?"

Barry, great getting to know you a little and I enjoyed the conversation at dinner.

Porsche Pilot, Audi, Fred, a few others I missed meeting you guys I think! Unless I'm nit putting the forum tag to the face and name. sea jay, a pleasure to meet you.

I have so much more to say to a bunch of you but I'm exhausted and just got 180 miles worth of bugs off Skybaby. LOL

Later

Bunky
03-27-2011, 08:38 PM
The autogeek team did a great job this year. It was two full days of activities plus plenty of technology (web casts of classes, filming for TV shows, etc).

Thank you all!

cobalt9123
03-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I hope I get to make it next year!

Garry Dean
03-27-2011, 08:51 PM
WOW! What can I say after all of the previous posts?

It was very nice to meet/see you all again. I had an absolutely wonderful weekend and I look forward to many more Detailfests to come.

Everyone at Autogeek is a true class act! Every year Detailfest gets better and better. This was my 4th in a row. Lets get ready for next year!

Thanks again to everyone! Keep in touch!

Jaretr1
03-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I have to chime in as well. I have been to a lot of "events" of different types and this was as well planned and organized as I have experienced. Every member of Max's staff was friendly, helpful and first rate.

I second the above sentiments on Corey's Sky. That car was flawless. And Corey, your kind words regarding my Z were much appreciated.

I hope next year I can stay over Sat night and party. And for those first 12 or so people who had DF1, it will be neat to look back 20 years from now when this event is at the Fairgrounds attracting 10's of thousands of people.