PDA

View Full Version : New member, looking for advice

Franky
03-27-2011, 06:09 PM
I was lurking around a few years back and found some great info. Learned how to use my PC7424 here. :-) Life got busy, found some products I was happy with and havent been here since. Well I decided to check out the forum,got the bug again, and forgot how much I really enjoyed reading the posts here.

Alittle about me. I consider myself a weekend warrior. I've been heavy into detailing my cars since '03. My current stable consists of a '91 vette convert., '07 Carrera S, and an '11 LR4. I was stuck on zaino, and have been extremely happy with the Zaino but feel the need to try something new.

I didn't detail the Carrera S last season as it was looking great and didn't need it. Came in 4th place at a Porsche club of america concours event. Missing 1st by 3 points because I had items in my door pockets and a dirty windshield. Got lazy, car was in the sun by the time I went to clean the windshield. I didn't wash it, just a deatil spray. I was still proud of my baby. LOL.

Okay, now on to the condition of the Porsche. I dont really need a correction as there are hardly any swirls or marks on it. I was looking at the pinnacle products, but not sure if I should go with the XMT or Natural Brilliance line. What do you think I'll be happy with?

If I go XMT this is what I would use:
1)FSR #2
2)FSR #1
3)CFG
4)Souveran Paste wax

or Natural Brilliance
1)ASR
2)AFP
3)Souveran Paste wax
Would I have to add PCL in these steps?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appricated. I will be washing and claying first and using a PC7424 to apply my products.

Thank you in advance.

Flash Gordon
03-27-2011, 06:14 PM
I've never used any of the stuff you mentioned, but welcome from Memphis nonetheless

GL,

Flash

swosanity
03-27-2011, 06:33 PM
You might want to tell folks the color of your vehicles. I am sure they will ask.

BobbyG
03-27-2011, 07:12 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!! :dblthumb2:

Franky
03-27-2011, 07:36 PM
You might want to tell folks the color of your vehicles. I am sure they will ask.

Forgot to mention that. Corvette is Steel Blue metallic, Porsche is Guards red (solid), and the LR4 is Baltic Blue (Midnight blue w/ alot of metallic flake).

Also open to other products that members have had good results with. The vette and porsche see around 3k miles combined a year, and are garaged and covered. The Land rover is my daily driver and is outside all the time.

For the vette and porsche, I'm looking for the show car shine, and the LR4 I would like the show car shine with the best protection.