PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever try Powersheen (for tires)?

Pages : [1] 2

ryanbabz71
03-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Seen this on motorhead garage this morning.

POWERSHEEN (LINK TO COMPETITOR PRODUCT REMOVED)

Has anyone tried this? I ordered it and am very curious how it will work and if it lives up to the mfg claims. Right now it is only sold on their site and they are working on getting it out there in the retail realm. Maybe autogeek will carry it?

I will report back as to how it works.

*Note: sorry if this is not allowed (since autogeek does not sell this) just looks like a cool product that will save some time and effort if it only has to be reapplied every few months.

mgiannetto
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm looking at that product as well.

Have you used it yet? What are your impressions? How does it compare to other products you have used?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Setec Astronomy
04-05-2011, 08:41 AM
It sounds sort of like the non-silicone dressing that Tropi-Care used to sell.

BobbyG
04-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Looks interesting Ryan.

I've never heard of it before and I too am curious if it stands up to it's claims...

DLB
04-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Hmmm...
Looks a little glossy for my tastes, but maybe their (one small) pic show multiple coats. The video looks quite shiny from what I watched.

Did you get the cleaner as well as the finish?

Interested to hear your experience.

DLB

ryanbabz71
04-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Still waiting, placed order 3/27 (already charged my card) and I finally received the following message

Thank you for your Order for PowerSheen Tire Brite Kit.

Due to the large volume or orders, we will be shipping your

order within the next few days.

If you require any further information, please contact us at the

This stuff better be good and worth it. Their customer service kind of sucks. Never received a shipping confirmation yet either. Told it was going to ship today :(

C. Charles Hahn
04-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Powersheen, eh?

Sounds like one of those new-fangled tiger blood enhanced products.... :laughing:

zliegen
04-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Let us know how this product performs, I hope you didn't get ripped off, bad customer service stinks.

Setec Astronomy
04-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Powersheen, eh?

Sounds like one of those new-fangled tiger blood enhanced products.... :laughing:

Good one!

mgiannetto
04-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Still waiting, placed order 3/27 (already charged my card) and I finally received the following message

This stuff better be good and worth it. Their customer service kind of sucks. Never received a shipping confirmation yet either. Told it was going to ship today :(

That was a concern I had. I could never get anyone to answer the phone and I called a half dozen times. I do think they will ship the product. I don't think it's because they are flooded with orders though - probably the opposite.

I just ordered poorboys bold n brite gel. Write ups on that product are great. I'm thinking the powersheen will be comparable.

Thus I am interested in buying the powersheen as well. I'm anxious to see what you think.
think.

ryanbabz71
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I personally want something that will last through the rain. The PB's stuff is pretty good but after 1 rain it needs a redress, same with DP. Like it but I hate applying it weekly.

I dont doubt they will send it just seems like they are not ready for production. Maybe it was because they were on motorhead garage recently and got swamped? Oh well we will see.

mgiannetto
04-07-2011, 12:19 PM
That's helpful info on the Poorboys. Fortunately the car I'm purchasing this for, most specifically, is not driven in the rain. So that should not be a problem.

I have a few other cars that are, so I will keep in mind that the Poorboys will not be effective for those cars.

Hopefully the OP will get the product soon and we will all find out how good this product is.

ryanbabz71
04-07-2011, 04:55 PM
The wait is over got it today :) I applied it to one tire to test it out. It is supposed to rain tonight and possibly tonight so this will be a great test.

This is a 2 step process

1. You have to clean the tires to remove any silicon from other products. Spray on and brush the powerclean tire cleaner. It is best if you can mask off the vehicle rim (otherwise be careful and if you get it on the rim you have to clean it off before it dries (had plenty of time). Also you only need to do this step for vehicles previously not treated or if a silicon product has been applied

2. Coat the tires with the powersheen using the supplied applicator (foam pad). The product is water soluable when wet. I washed out the applicator once done and it is good to go for next time.

Overall appearance is very similar to previous products I have used (poorboys, DP, and stoners). I have not yet touched it or drove the vehicle so I cannot comment on these. I will report back after it has seen some weather.

Enjoy the photos

(Order: Product, before any application, cleaner applied, finished product apply)

mgiannetto
04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Tire looks very sharp. Did you use one coat or more than one?

ryanbabz71
04-07-2011, 07:24 PM
1 coat for now